Windows 10: Unable to hear other players microphones

Discus and support Unable to hear other players microphones in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can see the voice icon for their microphones but I cant hear them and I'm seeing an icon that might mean that its muted and possbly cant get unmuted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LessWharf5828, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Unable to hear other players microphones

I can see the voice icon for their microphones but I cant hear them and I'm seeing an icon that might mean that its muted and possbly cant get unmuted. I hope there is a fix for this issue.

:)

LessWharf5828, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Unable to hear other players microphones 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Friends can't hear me with microphone on windows 10

Hi Mr Jagger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you check listening with other headphones?

The issue cab be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

• You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    Also suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Playing Audio” under Sound option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Unable to hear other players microphones

Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't hear me

Hi,

This could be due to drivers not being update.

Please try these methods.

Method 1 : Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Update sound/audio adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers

I would also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest audio drivers from the Manufacturer website.

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard
    • In run window type devmgmt.msc
    • Locate audio devices and expand the same
    • Right-click on the audio driver
      and then uninstall the drivers.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Now, please go to the manufacturer website and install
    the latest audio drivers.

Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Unable to hear other players microphones

1. Unable to hear other players microphones - Similar Threads - Unable hear players

2. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  3. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  4. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microphone too low to hear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone too low to hear: My microphone voice output is very low I tried everything I saw on the internet but it's still the same.It works fine in google meet and WhatsApp calls but the voice would be low again in Teams and Voice recorder. All my drivers are up to date and I even tried reinstalling...
  6. Unable to hear sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to hear sound: Hi! Earlier today I started having sound issues where I cannot hear any sound from any device be it wireless or not I tried basically everything I could think of (drivers, restarting computer, control panel, etc) What should I try now? I dont know if resetting my pc will...
  7. Microphone detected but can't hear it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but can't hear it.: My microphone is detected but I can't hear it. I have tested the mic with both my Sound Blaster X-AE5 PCI sound card and the motherboard integrated audio. In control panel/Sound/Recording the microphone has a green tick (detected) but no green bars register when speaking into...
  8. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game: My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no...
  9. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game: My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no...
  10. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game