Windows 10: Unable to hibernate from the command line

Discus and support Unable to hibernate from the command line in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I used to be able hibernate Windows 10 from the command line using a shortcut but for some reason it’s stopped working. The command has always been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Deckie63, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Deckie63 Win User

Unable to hibernate from the command line

I used to be able hibernate Windows 10 from the command line using a shortcut but for some reason it’s stopped working. The command has always been "shutdown.exe /h /t 0" but the shortcut no longer works. When I copy and paste the same line into a Command Prompt window it just comes up with the usage information help display as if it doesn’t recognise the switches, the same as entering "shutdown.exe /?". Clicking on hibernate on the power off button still works ok.Anyone know what’s happening please?

:)

Deckie63, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Unable to hibernate from the command line :)

Naki, Jan 9, 2022
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Unable to hibernate from the command line

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Unable to hibernate from the command line

1. Unable to hibernate from the command line - Similar Threads - Unable hibernate command

2. Changing Timezone from command line

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Changing Timezone from command line: It would be the case that you would need to change the time zone on the server but from the Time & Date option, it would be greyed out due to policy. There is a workaround for changing the timezone using the Command Prompt as Administrator. Type tzutil /g to get the current...
  3. Unable to hibernate from the command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hibernate from the command line: I used to be able hibernate Windows 10 from the command line using a shortcut but for some reason it’s stopped working. The command has always been "shutdown.exe /h /t 0" but the shortcut no longer works. When I copy and paste the same line into a Command Prompt window it...
  4. Unable to hibernate from the command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to hibernate from the command line: I used to be able hibernate Windows 10 from the command line using a shortcut but for some reason it’s stopped working. The command has always been "shutdown.exe /h /t 0" but the shortcut no longer works. When I copy and paste the same line into a Command Prompt window it...
  5. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  7. Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line: My command line shows a different name when im the only user on the pc. submitted by /u/Fuadop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv4f7i/command_line/
  8. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  9. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  10. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012