Windows 10: Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have been facing a problem recently. I m unable to hibernate my sytem. its windows 10 version 2004, build 19041.329. Its a dell xps laptop. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PradipMCT, Jun 29, 2020.

1. PradipMCT Win User

Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop.

Hi I have been facing a problem recently. I m unable to hibernate my sytem. its windows 10 version 2004, build 19041.329.

Its a dell xps laptop. It was working fine but now it doesn hybernate. It does hibernate after i close all the running applications. WIthout that the screen goes off after i click on hibernate and then suddenly comes back on if i touch the keyboard. Kindly help. Thanks.

:)

PradipMCT, Jun 29, 2020

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jun 29, 2020
  4. itiod Win User

Missing hibernate option in settings

Windows 10 laptop is missing the hibernate option, and hibernate is not listed in the shutdown settings.

Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop. 1bf71cba-6f10-4fb3-acfa-ca4b1d46684d.png

I was looking for the hibernate option because my laptop regularly crashes when I close the lid, and I was assuming this is why. I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet as all the results were how to enable hibernate in settings, but I don't
    have that option. Any suggestions?

itiod, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to hibernate windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - Unable hibernate laptop

2. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: here is the bugcheck record:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged...
  3. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: here is the bugcheck record:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged...
  4. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to hibernate or shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to hibernate or shutdown in Windows 10: Hi, I am unable to shutdown or hibernate in Windows 10. Shutdown works only after disabling Fast Startup. I turned off hibernation and turned it back on using command line. Removed and added power plans. Removed and installed both AMD (CPU) and NVIDIA (GPU) display drivers....
  6. Unable to hibernate or shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to hibernate or shutdown in Windows 10: Hi, I am unable to shutdown or hibernate in Windows 10. Shutdown works only after disabling Fast Startup. I turned off hibernation and turned it back on using command line. Removed and added power plans. Removed and installed both AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU display drivers....
  7. Windows 10 - unable to hibernate + unwanted wake up issues

Windows 10 - unable to hibernate + unwanted wake up issues: Dear Community Gurus, Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been unable to tackle this w/ Lenovo support in the last 2 weeks. Situation: - Brand new Lenovo Legion 5. - I added an extra...
  8. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate (windows 10)

Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate (windows 10): I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  9. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate

Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate: I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  10. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: For a long time I haven't rebooted my system, solely hibernated it. Today I rebooted it as part of an update install. Now every time I restore from hibernation the system reboots freshly. Additional details: For a while there seemed to be a problem with the screen driver...