Windows 10: Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was given the following link :http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardKittay, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update

I was given the following link

:http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

from a Microsoft Tech in order to hide one particular Windows 10 Update :KB4601319 which will not download.

I've been trying the link for 2 weeks and am getting the following error message:

404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please advise me what to do

Thank you,

Rick Kittay

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

RichardKittay, Feb 24, 2021

2. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 24, 2021
  3. rebop Win User
    Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be and all other updates would be. Now all are there and I do not yet care to install the feature update.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

Win 10 1909

rebop, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10  

Hey boys........... i have run the tools on my Windows 10 X64 Home........... on Hide i have obtain a very long list say to me i have to upgrade some hardware....... look:

Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update P2VxpD.png

Apparently i don't have any HIDE........ but on Windows Update i don't find any update........ the list continue below and below again...

How i can upgrade all this driver ??? I have all activated inside my Windows Update option and inside the "Devices and Printers"..... someone can make some suggestion about this ?

DjDiabolik, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update

1. Unable to Hide a Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Unable Hide Update

2. File extensions, unable to hide

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions, unable to hide: Hello. I’m trying to hide file extensions in Word, Excel, etc. When I do the following nothing changes. I’ve tried this several times and also restarted my PC, and also tried Reset Folders, but nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks. View>Options>Change folder...
  3. windows update hide

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update hide: how do i prevent specific windows update it seems it is downloading some intel drivers even though i already installed all drivers for motherboard. so i dont want from windows update. now that two drivers have been installed how do i uninstall?...
  4. hiding windows 10 update

hiding windows 10 update: I have just spent some time investigating Update and don't like what I see... Microsoft is not allowing the user to decide which updates to install. It used to be possible to do this I believe but on my PC it's now not possible. Or is it? I have read simliar posts which...
  5. Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications

Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications: So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. A problem for a different day The problem I'm having is that Windows keeps telling me it's...
  6. hiding windows 10 update

hiding windows 10 update: Hello --- I am trying to debug an issue so I wanted to hide update to find which one could be the problem. I used the tool wushowhide.diagcab it found the updates, but could not hide the one in question --- is there a way around this? Is there a point in the...
  7. Unable to Update to 1903 - Possible to Hide?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Update to 1903 - Possible to Hide?: I'm unable to update from 1803 to 1903 on Windows 10 x64... Is it possible to hide this annoying notification as I have little interest in installing it? Look at the screenshot: [ATTACH] You see that big area under Check for Updates? Tell me how to get rid of it/hide...
  8. Hide/Unhide windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide/Unhide windows 10 update: Hello, So i hide the windows 10 april update but today i wanted to unhide it and give it another try but the program says i dont have any updates hidden. And im sure it did hide the april update. What to do? 110580
  9. Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update: I am attempting to hide the driver update for my NVIDIA Grapgics card as the one from Microsoft causes me problems. I am using this program from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 It doesn't matter how many times I run it the Driver update will...
  10. Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 In Windows 10, your PC or device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates...