Windows 10: Unable to hide my "hidden files"

Discus and support Unable to hide my "hidden files" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am using the file explorer, hidden files/folders are shown as lightly colored files/folders, which means they are hidden. In order to make them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Last Pick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Last Pick Win User

Unable to hide my "hidden files"

When I am using the file explorer, hidden files/folders are shown as lightly colored files/folders, which means they are hidden. In order to make them not show while I use the file explorer, I have to go to the view settings are change the "show hidden files/folders" setting to "don't show hidden files/folders" and click apply, or I can do it from the tool bar on the top. The thing is, when I tick "don't show hidden files and folders" and click apply, I open the file explorer and I can still see the hidden files/folders. When I open the settings again I find "show hidden files/folders" still ticked even though I changed it. When I try doing this from the toolbar on the top, the toolbar closes as soon as I untick "hidden files" and nothing happens. The files/folders are still visible. Also other options under the view settings aren't working... any settings I change there don't change even after I click apply. Even when I choose restore defaults and click apply, nothing changes. This problem is not limited to a single drive... the same problem is there while browsing any drive with the file explorer. What do I do to fix this problem? Sorry for the wall of text.

:)

Last Pick, Apr 24, 2020

2. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

"Hiding" files and folders is one thing.

"Showing/hiding" hidden files in File Explorer is another thing.

In order to prevent File Explorer from showing certain files, you must first hide them. You do this by right-clicking them, then clicking Properties.

Frederik Long, Apr 24, 2020
  3. landstad Win User
    Show / hide files HELP..

click on file, properties, the clicked on hidden.

landstad, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Unable to hide my "hidden files"

Unable hide my hidden files and folders

I hide my file and folders but the problem is the item has been hidden is visible and i can not hiding them

amir mehdidadras, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to hide my "hidden files"

1. Unable to hide my "hidden files" - Similar Threads - Unable hide hidden

2. Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files": I want to copy make media file to a usb stick. And use android device to run those media But i dont wanna my file being copy easily So i wanna ask if there is a way to hide file/folder from normal "Show hidden files" setting in file explorer Back to around 2012 i remember...
  3. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  5. File extensions, unable to hide

File extensions, unable to hide: Hello. I’m trying to hide file extensions in Word, Excel, etc. When I do the following nothing changes. I’ve tried this several times and also restarted my PC, and also tried Reset Folders, but nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks. View>Options>Change folder...
  6. Can't hide hidden files.

Can't hide hidden files.: Whenever I do a document/file search on my computer it always shows a bunch of files that should be hidden and I can't seem to hide them. I have tried going into the folder options and making sure that show hidden files are off but it still makes no difference. Does anyone...
  7. Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

Hide file bypassing show hidden items?: I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult. But I never touch certain files like any of the desktop.ini files and I would like to hid these files only I did consider removing the hidden tag from all things besides...
  8. hide the hidden network

hide the hidden network: I have already hidden my wifi from neighbors but still on my laptop its showing two wifi network the one is my original network lets say zx, below it a network name is coming "hidden network". if my neighbors can see a wifi network with named called hidden network then...
  9. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

Unable hide my hidden files and folders: hello, recently i can not hide my hidden file and folders, when i go to the view tab in folder option and change the item in "DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS AND DRIVERS" after I click OK and Apply , it doesn't work and back to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and i always...
  10. How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu: Hey there, is it safe to use this approach and resource files in Windows 10 Anniversary? Thanks, 61516