Windows 10: Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC

Discus and support Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PCI am trying to do this in WordI have Windows 10 ProMicrosoft Version 2OH2I am able to double click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by livinhealthee, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC

Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PCI am trying to do this in WordI have Windows 10 ProMicrosoft Version 2OH2I am able to double click to highlight a word or a sentence or paragraph that runs together but not multiple lines at one time or sections of text that I specifically select. and when I try to highlight several rows, it will either not highlight, highlight mid way, or words end up out of order and I have to undo to fix the issue. This makes it impossible to copy paste text in my businessI have updated my setting several different times and ways, updated drivers, removed

:)

livinhealthee, Sep 17, 2021

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC

Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC

1. Unable to highlight text using mouse on desktop PC - Similar Threads - Unable highlight text

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  4. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  5. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  6. highlighting text

highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  7. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  8. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  9. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  10. Highlighting documents/ texts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting documents/ texts: Hi Somehow my setting got changed and I am now NOT able to hightlight text. I use the left click and the mouse pad on my laptop won't move to highlight. What to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop unable to highlight text