Windows 10: Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN

Discus and support Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am trying to share internet connection from WiFi to LAN. I followed some online guides but all of them either recommend using Hotspot mobile ( but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_am_ANGEERY, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN

So I am trying to share internet connection from WiFi to LAN. I followed some online guides but all of them either recommend using Hotspot mobile ( but it doesn't allow to share internet connection over LAN ) or advice to go Control Panel -> Networks and Sharing -> click with RMB on connection with the internet ( in my case the wifi ) -> select Properties -> select Sharing tab and in my case there is no sharing tab. At least with WIFI, it is present in the properties of the Ethernet connection.

It am struggling with it since reinstalling Windows on my laptop ( device with WIFI card ) yesterday, I don't remember how I used to do ICS before but I don't recall having any major issues with the process

EDIT:

My Wifi chipset: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

submitted by /u/I_am_ANGEERY
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_am_ANGEERY, Mar 20, 2020
  2. James D Win User

ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

I'm trying to set up a small temporary 6 computer network using all Windows 10 Pro PCs running version 1803.

I am trying to share one computers WiFi connection to the other PCs over LAN using an 8 port smart switch.

I searched extensively and not found an answer, some say it's not supported anymore, some say it is but it's configuration etc.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and LAN adapters, enabling sharing on the WiFi card and enabling all the services. On this part I noticed that the services are listed with numbers 1700 - 17xx instead of the names as on win 7.

I've also gone to services.msc to check for the ICS service but it's not listed and I haven't found a way to install it.

I can config the PCs to use static IPs etc but I still haven't managed to get it to work!

Any suggestions that don't involve more hardware would be appreciated!

James D, Mar 20, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN

ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

We can try the following steps:

1. Right click the wifi name.
    2. Open Properties.
    3. Select the Sharing tab and check Allow other network users to connect. Then choose the LAN option from the dropdown in Home networking connection, and check "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection".
    4. Click "Yes".
    5. Then there is a prompt " When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use the IP address 192.168.137.1 and the computer may lose connectivity to other computers on the network. If these computers have static IP addresses, you should set them to automatically obtain an IP address. Are you sure you want to enable Internet Connection Sharing? ".
    6. Click "Yes".
    7. Now connect the laptop and smart switch with a network cable, and then connect the smart switch and 6 computers with a network cable. (tip: it should automatically obtain the IP address, no need to manually configure the IP address).
    8. View if we can access Internet.

The topology map is probably like this:

Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN IvaEP.png

Daisy Zhou, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN

1. Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN - Similar Threads - Unable ICS WiFi

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. WiFi LAN Card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi LAN Card not working: Hello. I have a problem. My computer has an internet problem and I can't fix it. It says that the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card. It says that I should connect the laptop with an ethernet cable, but my laptop doesn't have the thing to insert the cable into....
  4. Wifi LAN missing

Wifi LAN missing: I have installed 5 times windows 10 in my laptop, but every time it's missing wifi LAN. I installed manually wifi LAN driver from laptop website, but still missing in Device Manager dropdown menu! Tried all processes watching youtube and tutorials, but failed....
  5. Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing ICS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing ICS: Hi, I was unable to stop ICS on my Services control panel. The error message shows, ``` Windows could not stop the Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service...
  6. Wifi + Lan - disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi + Lan - disable: Hi, How to disable it in policy when I connected to LAN (organization network) the wifi on pc will be disable and when I'm not connected, the wifi will be enable Got this on win10 pc Thanks,...
  7. No wifi. Lan Ok.

No wifi. Lan Ok.: My wifi is gone after the useless upadate. This laptop is useless without wifi. Cant do my job. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wifi-lan-ok/de61763d-c333-4de1-8aaa-9c081852ab8f
  8. Poor LAN wifi speed

Poor LAN wifi speed: Hi, My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router. I have this setup - Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated) - USB 3...
  9. No LAN nor Wifi

No LAN nor Wifi: So today i wanted to delete a file that i cant delete because it says computers administator so i go into safe mode via msconfig,deleted the item and go back to normal mode restart, and when i my laptop booted up i see that the audio has a X and the network has a X so i think...
  10. Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS)

Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS): We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped. We have 5 machines, all on Windows 10, and 5 IP phones. The IP phones need to be connected via ethernet, and since we don't have access to an ethernet connection in our building, we share the wifi from the computer to...