Windows 10: unable to import Contacts into OE Express

Discus and support unable to import Contacts into OE Express in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to gain access to contacts file as there is a black square in the read only tick box on the security tab on file preferences.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryWardell1, Mar 28, 2019.

1. unable to import Contacts into OE Express

I am unable to gain access to contacts file as there is a black square in the read only tick box on the security tab on file preferences.

:)

HarryWardell1, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Importing Outlook Express E-mail

What I have done in the past is to put the HDD in a USB Box then search it for *.dbx files and save to another location for safety. I also get the *.wab file that is the Windows Address Book. Haven't tried Win10's Contacts yet for importing that .wab file. Some E-Mail Clients can import the messages from the .dbx files.

I have also installed OE Classic, worked on Win8.1 and the Tech Preview of Win10, looks quite a bit like Outlook Express. Since [hate to say it] older folks are involved that may be a way to go.
    OE Classic - Easy to use Outlook Express replacement

Berton, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?

Put Contacts in the Search or Run box and it should take you to the Contacts Folder in C:\Users\YOUR_NAMZE\Contacts. I usually use Windows Address Book on WinXP to Export the contacts to a .csv/Comma Separated Value file which can be use for importing into a number of E-Mail programs and some Webmail and can also be opened in a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, Corel/WordPerfect Quattro Pro, Lotus 1-2-3, LibreOffice, OpenOffice, etc.
    OEClassic has a built-in address book. OE Classic - Easy to use Outlook Express replacement

Berton, Mar 28, 2019
  4. jfniss Win User

unable to import Contacts into OE Express

How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?

Thanks for your very helpful reply. I may need to consult you again as new XP migration problems arise. I'm sure I tried searching Contacts and got no result. (I can't try again now, because I've swapped back in the HDD with my XP system. XP works just fine for me. I'm being forced to upgrade because Google Chrome and other apps may stop working right after a while.) Does Windows 10 expect users to put their contacts and mail on the Microsoft cloud? That gives me pause ... OE Classic seems like a good solution, thanks for the link. What about Thunderbird?
    Best,
    Jim

jfniss, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

unable to import Contacts into OE Express

1. unable to import Contacts into OE Express - Similar Threads - unable import Contacts

2. importation contact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  3. importation contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  4. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  5. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  6. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  7. Contact import

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact import: Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-import/a3299a42-38e5-4d53-ab18-d896397392fc"
  8. Contact list import

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contact list import: how do you import a contact list into mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/contact-list-import/361eb2be-1cf8-48c8-aa5a-12fb814a1396
  9. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249
  10. How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?

in Browsers and Email
    How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?: I am trying to migrate from XP to Windows 10. On XP, I have a large address book in a .wab file. I couldn't find any help about how to access it in Windows 10, so I tried clicking on the .wab file. Windows 10 then said it was importing my contacts. The process took a few...