Windows 10: Unable to import photos from camera using Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to import photos from camera using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have connected my camera via USB port Photo opens on my computer tells me I have so many new photos to import but when I press import nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarbaraSimpson2, May 20, 2020.

1. Unable to import photos from camera using Windows 10

I have connected my camera via USB port Photo opens on my computer tells me I have so many new photos to import but when I press import nothing happens and then the Photo app closes? the first time I downloaded photos it worked no problem but since then only a week ago it doesn't want to know, very frustrating.

Have tried going via control and finding camera going to DCIM and I can download pictures but it doesn't download videos.

My Apple pc was so much easier and user friendly I am seriously regretting going with Windows 10.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

BarbaraSimpson2, May 20, 2020

2. After Windows 10 upgrade I am unable to import photos from my camera

Hello,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to import photos from camera, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please let us know if you are importing into your computer or on to the Photo App.

I suggest you to work around the problem by importing your photos and videos using an USB card reader and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to refer to the below article about: Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD
    and check
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2020
  3. Unable to import photos from my camera to my PC

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to import pictures from camera? Do you get any error message?
    • Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?
    • What is the make and model of your camera and PC?

Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see
      Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    If the camera is not detected when you connect it to Windows, there could be possibility of driver issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope it helps. Please let us know on the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 20, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import photos from camera using Windows 10

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to import photos from camera using Windows 10

1. Unable to import photos from camera using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable import photos

2. Importing photos from camera. Using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from camera. Using Windows 10: I cannot import photos from camera using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-camera-using-windows-10/051fd35c-27c1-4b8e-821d-f44536d287e9
  3. Importing Photos from my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Photos from my camera: When I import pictures from my camera the app always used to group them by date taken, ie Jan 2021, now it no longer puts them in a folder and they are scattered all over the place making it really hard to find the ones I need. What happened and how do I change it back?...
  4. Unable to import photos directly from camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to import photos directly from camera: I'm unable to import photos directly from my camera since Windows 10 . Please advise if this is still possible and provide a solution, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-photos-directly-from-camera/6869cace-832d-4901-9a8e-0642e5602cf3
  5. Problem importing photos from camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem importing photos from camera: When I try to import photos from my camera using a USB cord, I get the error message "Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-importing-photos-from-camera/dd23b0fc-11d0-4b26-938f-4e2ef2c4f1a3
  6. Importing photos from camera

Importing photos from camera: I have a Fuji JX420 digital camera, about 10 years old. All of a sudden, it won't let me import photos from camera to computer. I get a msg " 0 videos imported" but I'm not trying to import videos, just photos! I even tried shooting a video and importing it, and got the same...
  7. Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10: I have never had this problem before and I don't think I have changed any settings either on my camera or on my PC. I recently returned from a trip and tried to download photos from my Lumix ZS-50 camera to my PC (Windows 10), without success. I tried both the cord...
  8. Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.: I have a Nikon S6800 camera. It downloads the photos okay. In the photo program when I do import a message comes up that something is wrong. I retry and it may download 1 photo and this message comes up again. So far in about 20 retry's it has downloaded 12 photos. I use...
  9. import photos from camera to the photos galery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import photos from camera to the photos galery: I cannot upload photos from my finepix s camera to my pc. i keep getting the error to unlock my device. This is a new issue, i uploaded photos last week....
  10. import photos from camera

import photos from camera: I can't seem to figure out why the folder where the photos are is what opens up when I plug in a usb camera and not the photo app. I have autoplay enabled and photo as my default photo viewer. 16502