Windows 10: unable to initialize device PRN

Discus and support unable to initialize device PRN in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi- I am beginner and was trying to follow a tutorial using the command line on Windows 10. Started well, but now I am stumped when I use the print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arul1907, Jan 30, 2017.

1. arul1907 Win User

unable to initialize device PRN

Hi- I am beginner and was trying to follow a tutorial using the command line on Windows 10. Started well, but now I am stumped when I use the print function. I keep getting the message "unable to initialize device PRN" and none of the discussions threads on the web helped...maybe some one can tell me how to fix this in layman terms?

thanks!

:)

arul1907, Jan 30, 2017

2. Opening PRN file formats in lumia 720 device

sir,

I am unable to open/ view/download prn file formats in my windows phone

kindly give me solution.

Renukadas Joshi, Jan 30, 2017
  3. failing to print prn file to my printer Windows 10

Hi Don,

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print
    .prn file on Windows 10 installed computer. Please reply, is your computer connected to Domain network?

If your computer is not connected to a domain network, run Printer troubleshooter and check if the issue is caused due to any of the missing or corrupted printer components.
    Printer troubleshooter will help in identifying if any printer device components are missing or corrupted on the computer.

Refer to Fix printer problems article and check if
    it helps.

Write to us with the answer to the above question and the status of unable to print
    .prn file on the computer in the
    same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 30, 2017
  4. unable to initialize device PRN

Welcome to the TenForums @arul1907.

Not sure what you were trying to do or what commands you entered. So my immediate go to fix, system restore. I assume you have restore points enabled.

Windows key + R, type sysydm.cpl, in window that opens click on System Protection tab, click on System Restore. This is a windows process that should work.

Before you do, do you have your data safely backed up. Sounds like you want to reference Macrium Reflect. Its free, reliable and a quick way out of jam.

Caledon Ken, Jan 30, 2017
  5. arul1907 Win User
    I had save a file in notepad++ as ex1.py. I assume when you type print ex1.py, the content of the file is displayed? It worked earlier, and now just gives me the message " unable to initialize device PRN".

arul1907, Jan 30, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    Make sure you have CD (changed directory) to the root of the folder that ex1.PY is located in. Also, if its a Text document, you must add the extension of the file (ie) Print ex1.PY.txt

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to initialize device PRN

1. unable to initialize device PRN - Similar Threads - unable initialize device

2. Internal HDD unable to initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD unable to initialized: It seems that one of my RAM was faulty and when it couldn't access one of my HDD. Afterwards I decided to shut down and take the RAM out and now that HDD is faulty. It doesn't appear on This PC anymore but it does appear on Disk Management. In the Disk Management it is listed...
  3. Ficheiros com extensão "PRN"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ficheiros com extensão "PRN": Boa noite, Tenho ficheiros com extensão "PRN", criados em 2008 jWindows XP. Pretendo imprimi-los - eactualmente . Windows 10. .Cumprimentos, Adérito Ferreira...
  4. convert PRN file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert PRN file: I have some documents that are in a .prn file format. Is there any app or process to convert them to .pdf or print them to a .pdf format? Really in DIRE need for this. Please reply ASAP!...
  5. Unable to Initialize Disk

Unable to Initialize Disk: I have a 4TB harddrive. I was using it in a storage pool with another 4TB harddrive. I've moved the disks around and no longer want them in a pool. Unfortunately, one of the 4TB drives shows up as the old 8TB pool in Disk Management. I'm unable to initialize, format or delete...
  6. SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

SSD not initialized and unable to initialize: I have 3 disks on my desktop : 1 M.2 disk boot disk , 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD drive . Everything was working well until yesterday i was unable to access some files on the SSD drive . After restarting the computer the SSD drive doesn't appeared anymore . In disk management...
  7. Printing - .prn file?

Printing - .prn file?: When I attempt to print, I get a pop-up to save something as a .prn file and nothing is sent to my printer. I cannot print. I tried through several programs, but all of them do the same thing. This just started happening. I was able to print without issue a couple of days...
  8. .PRN file ?

in Windows 10 Support
    .PRN file ?: I notice in my Documents folder, there is a .PRN file. It is from some time ago. Can someone tell me what this is please? I think it is to do with a print job. Is it safe to delete it? Thanks. 145186
  9. Files print to prn

Files print to prn: All my print jobs go to prn files. How do I unlock everyday printing to get my printer working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-print-to/7e216e9a-2963-4ea1-b484-f72f3762d666
  10. How to disable PRN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to disable PRN: How do you disable PRN ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable/21e00e4d-08bc-43ca-baf8-f13bde44946b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to initialize device prn

2. unable to initialize prn

3. unable to initialize device prn windows 10

4. unable to initialize device prn cmd,
  5. unable to intiialise device prn,
  6. windows 10 unable to initialize prn,
  7. unable to initiate device prn,
  8. initialize device prn windows 10,
  9. unable to intialize device prn,
  10. unable to initialize device prn in cmd,
  11. unable to initialize device prn fix,