Windows 10: Unable to install 20H2 from USB or upgrade from Windows update

Discus and support Unable to install 20H2 from USB or upgrade from Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to do a fresh install of my Acer laptop, but the Live USB of 20H2 v2 (2021-02-27 download), which I used to install the Desktop several weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ineuw, May 4, 2021.

1. ineuw Win User

Unable to install 20H2 from USB or upgrade from Windows update

I want to do a fresh install of my Acer laptop, but the Live USB of 20H2 v2 (2021-02-27 download), which I used to install the Desktop several weeks ago, stops the installation because it's missing a driver. Then I tried to update it with the offer on the Settings\Updates and this returns me to the same screen. Currently, it's Windows 10 Home v2004 build 19041.928 AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 8GB RAM

:)

ineuw, May 4, 2021
  2. ineuw Win User

Thanks for the suggestion. Just before I was about to use the upgrade assistant, Windows update demanded a reboot. After reboot, the system was upgraded to 20H2, 24 hours after I clicked on the upgrade offer. System info indicates 20H2 but the update screen still offers to upgrade to 202H.

ineuw, May 5, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 5, 2021
  4. WhSmk Win User

Unable to install 20H2 and KB4568831

Unable to install updates 20H2 and KB4568831. Updates are downloaded, installed, the installation reaches 100% and everything starts from the beginning, I've tried many installation methods, nothing helps.

WhSmk, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to install 20H2 from USB or upgrade from Windows update - Similar Threads - Unable install 20H2

2. Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.: Hello, I just recently updated a PC build for my GF since she wanted to ditch console gaming. we only upgraded the GPU and the SSD up to a m.2 Drive in my old system for her. Everything boots up nicely but we are unable to install Windows it goes to "Windows failed to start....
  3. Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.: Hello, I just recently updated a PC build for my GF since she wanted to ditch console gaming. we only upgraded the GPU and the SSD up to a m.2 Drive in my old system for her. Everything boots up nicely but we are unable to install Windows it goes to "Windows failed to start....
  4. Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to update to Win 10 20h2 from 1909

Unable to update to Win 10 20h2 from 1909: I've tried to update since last year, tried many things I've found like, update bios, install without anything but ac cable plugged in, update after fresh install, windows media creation tool ,etcit always fails at the second boot. this is the last code it got 0xc1900101...
  6. Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2

Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2: Hi I have been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade Wind10 pro version 1909 to 20H2 ,even version 2004 wont install .Even if I make a ISO image it keeps installing 1909 even after wiping the drives clean? Any help have tried all the hacks as suggested but does not work? R...
  7. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  8. Unable to install Windows 10 from USB

Unable to install Windows 10 from USB: Hi guys i built a new pc with no OS installed, got the windows 10 home retail pack which comes with the USB installer. Changed to boot from USB, it runs and theres a loading bar below, after the bar is completed it loads and show a windows 10 icon before showing asus logo....
  9. Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2

Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2: I just got a "new" laptop that has apparently been on the shelf for a while. It has 1909 on it. Anybody had luck going from that straight to 20H2 without installing 20H1 first? I know it's usually best to install all new versions in order, but there is so little difference...
  10. Upgrading from 1909 to 20H2

Upgrading from 1909 to 20H2: I have been wanting to update my PC for a while, I just checked the latest update KB4586786 but seen where it can have issues with licenses being lost. I'm not entirely sure what all of it is meaning, I get it to a point but not fully. Can someone explain what the issue is...