Windows 10: Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Yetta Papp, May 11, 2020.

1. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with downloading other apps and games from the Store

:)

Yetta Papp, May 11, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 11, 2020
  3. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, May 11, 2020
  4. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

1. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable install game

2. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  3. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  4. unable to download game from Microsoft store

unable to download game from Microsoft store: I am facing problem while downloading "asphalt 8 airborne" when ever i press install Microsoft store stop and i have to kill store for working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-game-from-microsoft-store/e987dd82-149b-45eb-9f1d-a83a02e34388
  5. unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install/play game from the microsoft store: i have resently reseved minecraft windows 10 starter collection. i redemed the code and i now own it. i went to hit install/play and tab opens up it flashes blue and disapperes. but before it does it sayes microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe what do i do ?...
  6. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!: For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix conceivable posted online, reset this, stopped that, changed this, updated that, etc etc etc and it still doesn't work. When the...
  7. Unable to install games from the store

Unable to install games from the store: Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem....
  8. Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store: It is Sea of Thieves. The downloading stops in the middle. How to deal with it? Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-a-game-from-microsoft-store/010b48f6-1fea-4b87-9285-c788b5566b5f"
  9. Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store: After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been having these kind of issues for years. So why...
  10. unable to install from microsoft store

unable to install from microsoft store: Please help. I have tried everything, even had an expert look at my laptop. I am unable to install apps from microsoft store. It only allows me to download apps. I have tried wiping my computer, reinstall windows 1803....