Windows 10: Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ?

Discus and support Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi,Just bought Sea of Thieves and i wanted to install it on one of my SSD but no way, error Code : 0x80070005.I tried an old HDD and it seems to works.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Shoyun, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Shoyun Win User

Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ?

Hi,Just bought Sea of Thieves and i wanted to install it on one of my SSD but no way, error Code : 0x80070005.I tried an old HDD and it seems to works. I then moved the game to my SSD and it worked too, but the game got an update and i'm screwed again, can't update to the SSD.... I think i have to move again the game to the HDD just for update and move it back then to the SSD. Pain in the **** !Any clue ? I tried another SSD, same error, it shows "donwloading" then error Code : 0x80070005.Thanks by advance for your help !

:)

Shoyun, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 16, 2023
  4. GJMBrooks Win User

microsoft store install on external SSD

I spent some time with Microsoft support this morning. They told me that they think it is something to do with the SSD not allowing installation from the store. They suggested resetting and then an in-place reset. I'm awaiting the email with instructions.

If you don't mind, what legacy games from the store do you have on your SSD? I'm having an issue with ReCore as well and curious if you have that game and it's running.

GJMBrooks, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ? - Similar Threads - Unable install game

2. Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ?: Hi,Just bought Sea of Thieves and i wanted to install it on one of my SSD but no way, error Code : 0x80070005.I tried an old HDD and it seems to works. I then moved the game to my SSD and it worked too, but the game got an update and i'm screwed again, can't update to the...
  3. Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install a game to my SSD from Microsoft Store, any idea ?: Hi,Just bought Sea of Thieves and i wanted to install it on one of my SSD but no way, error Code : 0x80070005.I tried an old HDD and it seems to works. I then moved the game to my SSD and it worked too, but the game got an update and i'm screwed again, can't update to the...
  4. Microsoft store unable to instal Xbox or any of its games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store unable to instal Xbox or any of its games: Hello,I have curious problem i went over with Xbox support that they weren't able to figure out. Microsoft store is unable to install Xbox or anything from that part of the store with error code 0x80070005. Funny thing is even hard reseting store or even repairing windows did...
  5. unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install/play game from the microsoft store: i have resently reseved minecraft windows 10 starter collection. i redemed the code and i now own it. i went to hit install/play and tab opens up it flashes blue and disapperes. but before it does it sayes microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe what do i do ?...
  6. Can't install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any games from the Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] So like the title says I currently can't install any games from the Microsoft Store with getting an error code. I have gotten a few different error codes from time to time today but this one is the one I get like 95% of the time. I spent 2 hours on the phone with...
  7. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store: I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with downloading other apps and games from the Store...
  8. Unable to install games from the store

Unable to install games from the store: Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem....
  9. Unable to install any app from Microsoft Store

Unable to install any app from Microsoft Store: Why won't my Microsoft store let me download any apps? When I press "Get" it loads a second and then nothing happens. Original Title : Microsoft Store...
  10. I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store: I bought the xbox game pass, but I can't download any games. When I see the catalog from my internet browser, it says that the game is available to download because it is in the pack, but then it takes me to the Microsoft Store app and there the only thing I can do is write a...