Windows 10: Unable to Install a Language Option

Discus and support Unable to Install a Language Option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have installed Indic font and use Windows+Spacebar to regularly switch languages in various applications. Now I see one extra option under US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SureshEn, Nov 27, 2020.

1. SureshEn Win User

Unable to Install a Language Option

Hi
    I have installed Indic font and use Windows+Spacebar to regularly switch languages in various applications. Now I see one extra option under US Keyboard Kannada How do I get rid of that. the marked one in the picture

Unable to Install a Language Option ea15d09d-8ea9-413d-b079-61670380ca31?upload=true.jpg

:)

SureshEn, Nov 27, 2020

2. unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Nov 27, 2020
  3. odedsh Win User
    Unable to remove languages from Region & Language on windows 10

I am unable to remove languages from windows.

I have the following list of 4 languages installed

Unable to Install a Language Option ONyMo.png

I want to keep only English (United States) and Hebrew

The other 2 languages I want to remove but the "Remove" option is disbaled.

Things I tried:
    The internet is full of suggestions like:
    editing: Computer\HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    which had no effect

There are suggestions to try using the control panel to edit the languages but the control panel simply links back to the Settings app

There are suggestions to set some language as a default. but the default option simply does not exist

There are suggestion to use the options and remove the keyboard from the installed language. Each language has a single keyboard installed and the option to remove there keyboards is disabled as well.

This is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

odedsh, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Unable to Install a Language Option

Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Install a Language Option

1. Unable to Install a Language Option - Similar Threads - Unable Install Language

2. Unable to install language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install language pack: Hi there.I've been upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. But since then I'm struggling with installing Persian language pack.the basic typing and keyboard is working but not the language pack, for example, I'm able to write Persian but not Persian numeralsI've tried reinstalling it...
  3. Unable to install language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install language pack: Hi there.I've been upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. But since then I'm struggling with installing Persian language pack.the basic typing and keyboard is working but not the language pack, for example, I'm able to write Persian but not Persian numeralsI've tried reinstalling it...
  4. Language Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Option: I have three preferred languages on my Windows 10 system, i.e. English South Africa, English United States and Afrikaans in that order. I would like my calendar and maybe some other apps to be in Afrikaans, and everything else in English. Is there some setting somewhere that...
  5. Windows10 language option installation problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 language option installation problem: Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-language-option-installation-problem/e0774a04-dc0b-4472-aeba-7f8a34c857e7
  6. No option to set display language once language pack is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to set display language once language pack is installed?: Hey guys We had devices that were imaged using the US version of the ISO. I have since installed the GB-en language pack from the VL site for 1809, however once installed, it does not give me the option to set the display language to GB English? Even after a reboot? [img]...
  7. Language options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language options: I often need to switch quickly between UK English and two other languages, for which I use the Windows key and space bar. US English keeps reappearing, even though I've removed it. This means I have to click through two English options to get to the other languages, which is...
  8. Unable to install language packs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install language packs: Hi Guys, I'm really hoping someone can help in this, I've tried several times to install a language pack both in the system and manually. ( by running "lpksetup.exe". However, I still couldn't have it download in my system. I'm having in issue with tradictional chinese(...
  9. Unable to install language packs

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install language packs: Windows 10 pro. Installed language = Dutch. Each time I trie to install additional languages I get "installation failed" P.e. in update history: Engels (Verenigde Staten) Taalpakket - Windows Technical Preview voor x64-systemen - (KB3146014) [en-US_LP] De installatie...
  10. Can't install language option.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install language option.: [img] "Something happens and we couldn't install a feature" message appears after clicking on any button of the Language Option. 95853