Windows 10: Unable to Install Adobe Shockwave

Discus and support Unable to Install Adobe Shockwave in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I came back to Neopets recently and I realized I didn't have Shockwave, which is used for many of their games, on this computer, so I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fairydog, Oct 19, 2018.

1. fairydog Win User

Unable to Install Adobe Shockwave

I came back to Neopets recently and I realized I didn't have Shockwave, which is used for many of their games, on this computer, so I've been desperately trying to install Shockwave through different browsers, but--

When I use a browser where it gives me an exe to open myself, my computer spits out this:

Unable to Install Adobe Shockwave 8bcb0c8a-589d-4d43-9391-617f8424408c?upload=true.png

and on IE it acts like it's installing on the page but nothing happens!

I'm kind of desperate to play these games again.

Does it have anything to do with my username on my computer being an emoji? There are some other things that I can't install or open. Should I throw in the towel and try using a VM?

:)

fairydog, Oct 19, 2018

2. Adobe Shockwave/ Adobe Flash Player :Windows 10

aunnopjundee, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Holly1958 Win User
    Adobe Shockwave/ Adobe Flash Player :Windows 10

This April I purchased the following noitebook computer: HP Envy M7- N109DX Notebook.

I understand this computer is good for gaming, although I haven't used it much for gaming.

The Adobe Shockwave Player 12 , version 12.1.7.157 is listed in the Progams section of the Control panel and I understand from some reading I've done that you don't need both the Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave player as the Shockwave is used more for gaming
    computers. However, I noticed I have been getting Windows security updates for the Adobe Flash Player, which is not installed on my computer but no security updates for the Adobe Shock wave player.

Also I've been getting every so often here lately popup requests to update the Flash Player which I don't have. With one of these popups a warning came on that this was a malicious site and not to update. I don't believe this was from My Norton Internet
    Security as it wasn't so marked and it didn't popup in the right corner of my taskbar as Norton warnings do but filled the whole page. Maybe it was from Microsoft but I Xed out the warning quickly so I'm not sure where the warning came from.

My question : Should I be getting updates for Shockwave Player, and am I right to ignore the Adobe Flash player updates that seem legitimate. Also why am I not getting updates for the Adobe Shockwave Player or do I have the latest ?

Holly

PS: I just noticed that in Advanced Settings on Edge I have Adobe Flash Player enabled but it's not listed in Programs on Control Panel.

PS 2: I have done the test for Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave and have discovered that Flash Player is preinstalled with Internet Explorer in Windows 10 and updates automatically. It sort of reminds me of Google Chrome. I got from the Adobe Shockwave
    test that it is not working, although it's listed in Programs on Control Panel. I also found out that Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave come together on Windows 10.

I think I won't worry about it as I'm not much of a gamer and found out games I play work fine.

Holly1958, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Holly1958 Win User

Adobe Shockwave/ Adobe Flash Player :Windows 10

I've since found out that Flash Player is pre-installed with Internet Explorer in Windows 10 and updates automatically so I know not to download any Flash Player updates. I've been getting those update download messages mostly when I first go on the internet,
    not from any particular website. Adobe Shockwave is listed in my programs in the control panel, but when I did the test it said it was either not installed (which it is) or not enabled. On Manage Add-ons in IE 11 something called Shockwave Flash Object Published
    by Microsoft Windows Thir.... is enabled. However, when I went to Adobe Shockwave website and did the test it showed Adobe Shockwave wasn't working.

I didn't get this computer for the gaming feature but for other reasons. I have tried some games from AOL and these work, but I'm not sure what other games I should try as I believe years ago I played AOL games without Shockwave Player.

Holly

Holly1958, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Install Adobe Shockwave - Similar Threads - Unable Install Adobe

2. shockwave

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shockwave: HiDid anything ever replace shockwave flash player some of my screen saver needs thatThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shockwave/b4e3641c-b44c-431e-b90f-cee1a47ad64d
  3. shockwave

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shockwave: HiDid anything ever replace shockwave flash player some of my screen saver needs thatThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shockwave/b4e3641c-b44c-431e-b90f-cee1a47ad64d
  4. shockwave

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi, I am unable to install adobe on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I am unable to install adobe on windows 11: I cannot install adobe on windows 11 machine. It will just say that there's another installation running in the background which will not allow itplease advice...
  6. Hi, I am unable to install adobe on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I am unable to install adobe on windows 11: I cannot install adobe on windows 11 machine. It will just say that there's another installation running in the background which will not allow itplease advice...
  7. Unable to install Adobe photoshop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Adobe photoshop: Hi,We have a Windows 10 Enterprise , We have try to install Adobe Creative cloud. We are getting an error. Please check it. Give me suggestion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-adobe-photoshop/2fa90544-6f79-4d81-a32e-0608d7d556b0
  8. Adobe Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adobe Installation Problem: Hey guys, I just installed the creative cloud desktop software so I could install adobe fuse, but after installation, I couldn't launch the program so uninstalled and reinstalled it but it still won't open. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks in advance! :) submitted by...
  9. Adobe Is Finally Killing Shockwave Player for Good

in Windows 10 News
    Adobe Is Finally Killing Shockwave Player for Good: Per the article... Adobe Is Finally Killing Shockwave Player for Good - by Rhett Jones A specific era of the world wide web will come to an end next month when Adobe officially discontinues its Shockwave multimedia platform. You might want to get in a final round in your...
  10. Chrome and Shockwave Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Shockwave Flash: I keep getting a notice that Shockwave Flash is not responding. So I removed it from Control Panel Add/Remove software. I still keep getting that notice. Where is it hiding. What else do I have to remove? 47113

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im unable to install adobe shockwave player

2. does my pc need adobe shockwave player?

3. unable to load adobe shockwave. computer says successful download but there is nothing there.