Windows 10: Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

Discus and support Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app. I need it for my work. HELP!!! me to install this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jose Gunas, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app.

I need it for my work.

HELP!!! me to install this app

:)

Jose Gunas, Jun 19, 2019

2. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app.

I need it for my work.

HELP!!! me to install this app

Jose Gunas, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

Hi Jose, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you try this solution (this method doesn’t work with Windows S)

- Navigate to Settings, click on Apps

- Under the Installing apps, on the left panel, you will find a drop-down menu

- Click on the option you prefer apart from Allow apps from the Store only.

If your computer is running Window S, this edition allows only apps from the Microsoft Store and requires Microsoft Edge for safe browsing.

Max Newman, Jun 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

Hi Jose

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

What is the exact edition of Windows 10 listed there?

Is that Windows 10 S

If that is Windows 10 in S Mode, you will be limited to installing Apps from the Store, it is a special version of Windows

If that is Windows 10 in S Mode, the good news is you can switch Windows 10 out of S Mode, free of charge and then you can install whatever software you like on your PC . . .

Open the Settings App

Go to Update and Security - Activation

In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)

On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button.

After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol - Similar Threads - Unable install app

2. Unable to install apps on Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps on Microsoft store: The title says it all, I'm unable to download anything from Microsoft store. I don't remember experiencing that problem prior to the clean install but after that, I can't install any games or apps. Every time I point the cursor to the "Install" option, the cursor shows a null...
  3. Unable to install Microsoft Store app

Unable to install Microsoft Store app: I need to install the Microsoft Store app but haven't been able to do so. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, MSI laptop, i9-11900H, 32gb RAM, rtx3080 GPU. I googled it and found instructions but they don't work. I type the specified command into Powershell, and it returns an error see...
  4. Unable to install Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Microsoft Store app: I need to install the Microsoft Store app but haven't been able to do so. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, MSI laptop, i9-11900H, 32gb RAM, rtx3080 GPU. I googled it and found instructions but they don't work. I type the specified command into Powershell, and it returns an error see...
  5. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working: I have added Microsoft Family Features to my 9 year old son's new computer to monitor and track his usage. We can't get it to allow him to use the 'Minecraft Launcher' App.When he clicks to open the app, he gets the following screen:I as the parent get two notifications. One...
  6. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working: I have added Microsoft Family Features to my 9 year old son's new computer to monitor and track his usage. We can't get it to allow him to use the 'Minecraft Launcher' App.When he clicks to open the app, he gets the following screen:I as the parent get two notifications. One...
  7. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to Install Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Microsoft Store apps: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 with my win10 files in the Windows.old folder. It worked well for some time but out of the blue errors started. One of them is that suddenly I can't download ANY app from the MS Store. When I try to download an app, it downloads very fast....
  9. Unable to install on Microsoft Store App

Unable to install on Microsoft Store App: If I ever try to install anything on the Microsoft Store app it asks for linked devices, I click on the link and it leads me to my account and says I'm linked to my Microsoft account but it doesn't say that on the Microsoft app. Someone PLEASE HELP !...
  10. Unable to install Articulate 360 app, error message: app is not approved by Microsoft app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Articulate 360 app, error message: app is not approved by Microsoft app.: I am not able to install Articulate 360, which I need for my work, and I receive a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app. Why does Microsoft determine which apps I can download and how can I override this setting? Thank you - Linda Zehnbauer, ***Removed PII***...