Windows 10: Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

Discus and support Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app. I need it for my work. HELP!!! me to install this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jose Gunas, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app.

I need it for my work.

HELP!!! me to install this app

:)

Jose Gunas, Jun 19, 2019

2. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app.

I need it for my work.

HELP!!! me to install this app

Jose Gunas, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

Hi Jose, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you try this solution (this method doesn’t work with Windows S)

- Navigate to Settings, click on Apps

- Under the Installing apps, on the left panel, you will find a drop-down menu

- Click on the option you prefer apart from Allow apps from the Store only.

If your computer is running Window S, this edition allows only apps from the Microsoft Store and requires Microsoft Edge for safe browsing.

Max Newman, Jun 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

Hi Jose

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

What is the exact edition of Windows 10 listed there?

Is that Windows 10 S

If that is Windows 10 in S Mode, you will be limited to installing Apps from the Store, it is a special version of Windows

If that is Windows 10 in S Mode, the good news is you can switch Windows 10 out of S Mode, free of charge and then you can install whatever software you like on your PC . . .

Open the Settings App

Go to Update and Security - Activation

In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)

On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button.

After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol - Similar Threads - Unable install app

2. Unable to install Articulate 360 app, error message: app is not approved by Microsoft app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Articulate 360 app, error message: app is not approved by Microsoft app.: I am not able to install Articulate 360, which I need for my work, and I receive a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app. Why does Microsoft determine which apps I can download and how can I override this setting? Thank you - Linda Zehnbauer, ***Removed PII***...
  3. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: 've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the store Please help...
  4. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: I've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Installed the patch Tuesday update this AM (v1903, build 17763.437). Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the...
  5. Unable to Install/Open a Program from Microsoft App Store

Unable to Install/Open a Program from Microsoft App Store: We are trying to install/open a new point of sale program on one of our work computers but whenever we click the install/open button nothing happens. It has worked fine on two of our other computers but not this one. It doesn't go to downloads or anything. Can anyone help...
  6. Unable to install any apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install any apps: Hi. Recently something very strange happens in my PC. If I install an app from the Microsoft Store, the app can never be downloaded. It is always in downloading queue. If I install an app from an Internet source I trust, I got the following annoying file when running an...
  7. Unable to load apps on Microsoft device

Unable to load apps on Microsoft device: I have two devices. Both show up as my devices on my MS account. When I try to load apps onto one of the devices, the install only shows one of the devices, so I cannot add the app to the desired device....
  8. My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?: My son activated Dual Auth and used his phone as a second factor. He remove the profile, but now to re-connect he needs to approve his dual auth in the app. We did a password reset request and now need to wait for 30 days for something to happen. First of all, what will...
  9. Unable to login to Microsoft App Store

Unable to login to Microsoft App Store: Hello I am trying to login to App store but it always gives me error " I need Internet connection" with an error code. I contacted Microsoft Chat support and they suggested to update my Windows 10 to latest ver which I already did. Now For some reason I am unable to...
  10. Unable to install an app using Microsoft Store website. I could install the app using...

Unable to install an app using Microsoft Store website. I could install the app using...: I was unable to install an app using Microsoft Store website but I could install the app using Microsoft Store app in the Microsoft Windows 10 Taskbar. I had seen this issue before, so this time I took screeshots throughout the process and I prepared a report that documents...