Windows 10: Unable to install and change default app save location.

Discus and support Unable to install and change default app save location. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to install games from the microsoft store on my D: drive. When I got to the store and install try to install a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Page1701, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Page1701 Win User

Unable to install and change default app save location.

Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to install games from the microsoft store on my D: drive. When I got to the store and install try to install a game I will select my D: drive and press install but nothing will happen.I then tried to change deafult install location of apps from my C: drive to my D: drive but got the 0x80070005 error code which is something to do with lack of permissions I believe.I have been trying to fix this issue for a very long time with nothing seeming to help.

:)

Page1701, Jun 5, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

Unable to install and change default app save location. [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

Unable to install and change default app save location. [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Default Save Locations

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

By default we cannot change the installation location for Apps, however it can be changed through registry changes.

I would suggest you to make the changes if you are comfortable working with registry because if we make any small mistakes, we can make the computer unbootable.

You need to be logged in as the administrator to perform this actions:

• Press Windows keys +R, type regedit and hit Enter.
    • Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx
    On the right-side, double-click on PackageRoot and change the default value data to the location of your other drive/external drive. For instance, if drive letter is “G”, then enter G:\ in the value data box, and then click Ok button
    to set your drive as default location for apps.

We suggest you create a new folder under the root of your drive and enter the path of that folder so that you can use the drive to store other files as well. That is, create a folder named
    WinApps on the drive, enter G:\WinApps (replace “G” with drive’s letter) as the location in value data box.

From now on, whenever you install a new app from the Store, Windows 10 will install them on the other drive.

NOTE: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number
    to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Unable to install and change default app save location.

Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install and change default app save location.

1. Unable to install and change default app save location. - Similar Threads - Unable install change

2. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  3. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  4. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  5. I can't change my default app save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my default app save location: i tried to change my default app save location from my C to my D drive, whenever i try this a message pops up saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" When i click no nothing happens...
  6. Changing Save Location Of Apps

Changing Save Location Of Apps: I tried to change the save location of apps so that I could install fallout 76 through the Xbox app on my computer, however it gave me the error code "0x80070002" and said that the operation could not complete successfully. P.S I do have a steamlibrary folder in the...
  7. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  8. How to change default app installation location?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change default app installation location?: Please someone tell me how to change default app installation location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-app-installation-location/c1cf08e2-1608-400a-a055-38938e1ca8da
  9. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  10. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...