Windows 10: Unable to install any feature update

Discus and support Unable to install any feature update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This is gonna be a long text, sorry. Now, I first noticed this problem when I was trying to switch to the dev channel of the windows insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LightJack05, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Unable to install any feature update

Hi,

This is gonna be a long text, sorry.

Now, I first noticed this problem when I was trying to switch to the dev channel of the windows insider program.

I already asked for help about this and people told me it was because of the insider builds. So I thought I dont have to worry about it.

Here is what happens when trying to install an insider build:

The update gets downloaded via Windows Update without Problems. Then, when I restart to install the update, It goes through the first phase without problems. after that after the reboot, the second phase starts and goes to 30%, restart. Then it goes to 70%, restart. After that, it undoes the changes and boots back into the old version. But this only happens the first time. The second time it already restarts into the old OS after the first reboot.

This happens on my surface GO as well as on my Desktop.

Then, I reset my surface Go using the recovery image from Microsoft. This is using Windows 10 1809, so I updated this, or tried to.

Same problem. But here, the first time already stops after the first phase.

This happens on any device, even when it is a fresh setup.

I tried about every way you can install an Update:

- Windows Update

- Windows Update assistant from Microsoft

- The Media creation Tool

- Even an Installation media.

I am signed it to all devices using my Microsoft account, which means OneDrive is synced to all those devices.

Can a file in my OneDrive Folder cause a Windows Update to fail?

If yes, what kind of file would that be?

I just tried to uninstall Onedrive but still got the same error. Im reinstalling Windows on my device, uninstall OneDrive and then delete the folder from my home folder. I'll post a reply if that changes anything.

The Error I was getting and that only one time when I tried to use the installation media looked like this this was when installing an Insider Build:

Unable to install any feature update dd8dec53-b17d-4e39-bf33-4b4ea46babf4?upload=true.png

Which makes me think it has something to do with OneDrive, because no other files or programs are on this machine.

I already tried to run the typical troubleshooting:

sfc /scannow

dism

chkdsk

Windows update troubleshooter

etc.

Regards,

LightJack

:)

LightJack05, Dec 26, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Unable to install update

I'm unable to install the KB4103721 update on windows 10. I cant shutdown the computer normally, it keeps saying update and shutdown/restart no matter how many times I do it.

Thins I've already tired:
    • Update and shutdown
    • Update and restart
    • deleted the update from windows/softwaredistribution
    • tried to restore system to before I tried to install it.

Unable to install any feature update [​IMG]

Unable to install any feature update [​IMG]

Darksaber2000, Dec 26, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Unable to install any feature update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install any feature update

1. Unable to install any feature update - Similar Threads - Unable install feature

2. Unable to install any drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install any drivers: Suddenly driver updates and Windows updates are failing to install.Apps are still installing fine; the issue is only with drivers and windows updates.NVidia drivers' installation failing:Bluetooth and Wifi driver installation failing using Intel® Driver & Support...
  3. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows optional features not installing any of the features: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 10 pro version installed. Windows version -1903OS build- 18362.356It is not downloading any optional features.Metered connection is turned off. Still it is not downloading. I tried editing the msconfig settings . But nothing...
  4. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows optional features not installing any of the features: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 10 pro version installed. Windows version -1903OS build- 18362.356It is not downloading any optional features.Metered connection is turned off. Still it is not downloading. I tried editing the msconfig settings . But nothing...
  5. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to install windows feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install windows feature update: Split from this thread.Not being able to instal windows feature update: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-windows-feature-update/9692faa3-1090-4122-8c06-db8b90140d25
  7. unable to install any app

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to install any app: I am not able to open exe files and also cannot install chrome.It is showing regedit not found.I am not able to open regedit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-any-app/03727c03-31d1-4ac4-9248-efcc78d59251
  8. Unable to install any updates to laptop

Unable to install any updates to laptop: Hi, I desperately need an answer. I tried to install a cumulative update for KB5001028 today. The installation process got to 100% before then giving me an error message of 0x8007000d. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter, it said that it detected something but didn't...
  9. Unable to install Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install Feature Update 2004: Gigabyte B450-something board Ryzen 7 1800x 16Gigs RAM 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NvmE Gainward RTX 2070 (Plus three other drives) Title says it mostly. I have tried running the 2004 Update some time (two months?) ago, however my entire rig crashed and took a few resets to...
  10. Unable to install any apps

Unable to install any apps: Hi. Recently something very strange happens in my PC. If I install an app from the Microsoft Store, the app can never be downloaded. It is always in downloading queue. If I install an app from an Internet source I trust, I got the following annoying file when running an...