Windows 10: unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...

Discus and support unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; im on windows 11 and ive been trying to install games from the Store for several days but it says the same errormentioned above each time. ive tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by himank21, Feb 26, 2024.

1. himank21 Win User

unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...

im on windows 11 and ive been trying to install games from the Store for several days but it says the same errormentioned above each time. ive tried to reset the app but it didnt work.

:)

himank21, Feb 26, 2024

2. Unable to install games on the Windows 10 store

Hi,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we recommend that you perform the steps below:

Clear & Reset Windows Store Cache with WSReset.exe:

• Go to the Start Screen or the Windows Modern UI screen.
    • Type in WSReset.exe.
    • Click on Run as administrator.
    Note: Windows Store will open and you’ll get a confirmation message saying that: The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.

After performing the steps above, kindly check it and see how it goes.

For additional information regarding this matter, we suggest that you visit this

link

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 26, 2024
  4. LeonLaude Win User

unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...

unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

1. unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring... - Similar Threads - unable install game

2. unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...: im on windows 11 and ive been trying to install games from the Store for several days but it says the same errormentioned above each time. ive tried to reset the app but it didnt work....
  3. unable to download game from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to download game from Microsoft store: I am facing problem while downloading "asphalt 8 airborne" when ever i press install Microsoft store stop and i have to kill store for working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-game-from-microsoft-store/e987dd82-149b-45eb-9f1d-a83a02e34388
  4. Unable to install games from the store

Unable to install games from the store: Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem....
  5. Microsoft Store stuck at "starting download" or freezing upon clicking Install

Microsoft Store stuck at "starting download" or freezing upon clicking Install: Hello, I have bought the game "Sea of Thieves" for my little sister, and for a few days, the Microsoft Store has done all of the following things: Upon clicking install and choosing a harddrive to install on simply nothing happened. I was able to click install again and...
  6. Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store: It is Sea of Thieves. The downloading stops in the middle. How to deal with it? Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-a-game-from-microsoft-store/010b48f6-1fea-4b87-9285-c788b5566b5f"
  7. Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store: After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been having these kind of issues for years. So why...
  8. Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps: I have this pervasive error (0x8007177E) that I just cannot get rid of. It stops my downloads every single time. I've attempted to download Halo Reach, Sea of Thieves, and Outer Worlds, but I keep getting the same error. I've tried wsreset.exe, reinstalling Windows 10 Home...
  9. Unable to download games from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games from store: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  10. Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?: [IMG] So I downloaded about 6+gb of the game and it shows installed and not installed ? So what do I have installed , goastware ? or something else ?...