Windows 10: Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm unable to install any new fonts on my Windows 10 machine. I follow the usual procedure: download the fonts, they're in a zip folder, unzip them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mpoppe, Mar 20, 2020.

1. mpoppe Win User

Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

I'm unable to install any new fonts on my Windows 10 machine.

I follow the usual procedure: download the fonts, they're in a zip folder, unzip them, then rightclick and select "Install" or "Install for All Users." When I do this I get a popup saying:

"The 'NewFont' font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?"

The font is not, in fact, already installed. I just downloaded it.

I click "yes" but nothing happens. The font does not appear in the Windows Fonts folder, and can't be accessed in any other application like Word or Illustrator.

I googled around for a solution, but none work. I've seen people having this problem as far back as 2013 and it appears to be a bug in Windows.
    Is Microsoft going to get around to fixing this, or will I just have to live with the fonts I have?

:)

mpoppe, Mar 20, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Unable to install Lato font on windows 10???

I think I see a step you missed based on what you said:

"Right clicked on folder nothing - no install."

You have to extract the downloaded folder first from the zip file. There are 2 folders in there. One for Mac, one for Windows.

Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Second folder contains the Windows font files.

Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10 [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 20, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

1. Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Install fonts

2. I am unable to install new fonts into my fonts folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to install new fonts into my fonts folder: Usually, I download my fonts from daFont, open the zip file, and drag the otf file into the Windows font folder, and usually there is a plus sign that appears on my cursor that indicates that I can drop the otf file into the font folder. But the plus sign doesn't show up...
  3. I am unable to install new fonts into my fonts folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to install new fonts into my fonts folder: Usually, I download my fonts from daFont, open the zip file, and drag the otf file into the Windows font folder, and usually there is a plus sign that appears on my cursor that indicates that I can drop the otf file into the font folder. But the plus sign doesn't show up...
  4. I am unable to install new fonts into my fonts folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  6. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  7. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to install Lato font on windows 10???

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install Lato font on windows 10???: Hi, Down loaded Lato font in (Lato20FL) . Right clicked on folder nothing - no install. Went to settings then personalization, then fonts and tried to drag it across go the littler red no entry sign. Folder would not let me right click and copy neither. Can anyone shed any...
  9. installing a new font on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing a new font on windows 10: Hi I am trying to install a new font onto a users machine. I have downloaded the font and unzipped it on the respective machine, however when I try to install the font I get a message stating: "Cannot install the raleway-regular.tff the file ****** does not appear to be...
  10. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10: Hi I had tried almost every possible ways posted such as enable/disable firewalls, etc in order to drag and drop to install a font in windows 10. All I got is something like a 'not a valid font' always. This is a brand new windows 10 and I wonder if there will be a patch/fix...