Windows 10: unable to install any printer for last 6 months

Discus and support unable to install any printer for last 6 months in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by raymondlee306, Jul 14, 2019.

1. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

Hello,

My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or finding any printer about 6 months ago. I have tried our Epson, I have tried our HP and both wifi and USB configurations on both. Since hers is working I have to assume it is not our network, Nor the 3 brands of printers I have tried. and it is my computer. I have re-enabled all services and start-up programs, reset to factory defaults, and everything under the sun I could think of. Short of just buying a new laptop what else can I check? Can someone please list all services and settings that would control a printer? I'm out of ideas and have been trying for 6 months to get one to work.

My computer sees the printer(s) during installation but cannot send print jobs to it.

Things I've Tried (after each windows 10 update in hopes they fixed something)

3 printers, Epson, HP x2 different models

wireless connection

USB connection

Resetting factory windows 10 defaults

resetting Manufacturer defaults

enabling all services

enabling all startup tasks

Running the troubleshooter

asking nicely

yelling profanities at it.

:)

raymondlee306, Jul 14, 2019

2. Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Unable to install printer drivers on Windows10 64bit Pro

Hi Grey,

It is possible that you're unable to install printer drivers due to compatibility issue or corrupted drivers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since you've mentioned that you've followed a dozen suggestions, what are those troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot printer problems
    in Windows 10. You can expand each section and perform the instructions which you're not yet done.

Additionally, you may also check the information shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread about how to determine if you're computer is compatible
    with Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 14, 2019
  4. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

unable to install any printer for last 6 months

1. unable to install any printer for last 6 months - Similar Threads - unable install printer

2. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  3. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  4. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery install twice in 6 months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery install twice in 6 months: Twice in the last 6 months. I’ve had to do a recovery install, preserving my personal files, but losing all installed applications, because windows fails to boot correctly, and goes into automatic recovery mode. My SSD is a WD SN 750 1tb, and it’s only about a year old. Is...
  6. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  7. Unable to update my pc for last two months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to update my pc for last two months: Well, I know I should have been here a bit sooner, but anyway. Two months ago, I was turning off my mid-spec notebook and updates started running, I let them run and have gone brush my teeth meanwhile... I get back....pc turned off....head to bed. Next day when I launch my...
  8. review last 6 months of sign in attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    review last 6 months of sign in attempts: Only 1 month of sign in attempts is available. I have had suspicious threatening email wherein they knew my email password. I would like to know if they signed in and accessed contact list within the last 6 months....
  9. Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.: I've tried every single method suggested on the main FAQ and forums, but I have not been able to successfully install any Windows 10 updates for at least 3-4 months now. Perhaps longer. I've lost count, to be honest. It always displayed the same message about it "couldn't...
  10. Unable to print to any printer or on any network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print to any printer or on any network: Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft program (Word, Excel, etc.) I get a message like "Word can print due to a problem with the printer setup." When I print from...