Windows 10: Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.

Discus and support Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried every single method suggested on the main FAQ and forums, but I have not been able to successfully install any Windows 10 updates for at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Flemming, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.

I've tried every single method suggested on the main FAQ and forums, but I have not been able to successfully install any Windows 10 updates for at least 3-4 months now. Perhaps longer. I've lost count, to be honest. It always displayed the same message about it "couldn't complete updates" in the notifications. No reason why. Just a message saying that it failed. This happens every time, when trying manually or automatically. Doesn't make any difference what I do

A while back, I did a fresh install and wiped my HDD (due to sluggish behaviour and a general clean-up of everything), but the updates were installing perfectly-fine for quite some time afterwards, then they suddenly stopped some time back in June. Which from what I recall, was when people started having major issues with some updates.

All I have been able to do, is hide the pending updates (using the official troubleshooter available), to stop Windows from trying again, and rebooting itself overnight. Personally, I'm not too bothered if it doesn't update. Windows 10 still works perfectly-fine without them (so far, at least). But I'm frustrated regarding the reasons why this is happening, and seeking closure I guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Kevin Flemming, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Sep 20, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now.

1. Unable to install any updates for about 3-4 months now. - Similar Threads - Unable install updates

2. RealTek Audio is not working for about 6 months now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek Audio is not working for about 6 months now: Bluetooth audio works fine, but the speakers no longer produce any sound and when I plug headphones into the machine they also do not workI have reinstalled the RealTek Audio drivers in Device Manager, restarted the Windows audio services, but still no sound, I'm really...
  3. RealTek Audio is not working for about 6 months now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealTek Audio is not working for about 6 months now: Bluetooth audio works fine, but the speakers no longer produce any sound and when I plug headphones into the machine they also do not workI have reinstalled the RealTek Audio drivers in Device Manager, restarted the Windows audio services, but still no sound, I'm really...
  4. Unable to install any updates to laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install any updates to laptop: Hi, I desperately need an answer. I tried to install a cumulative update for KB5001028 today. The installation process got to 100% before then giving me an error message of 0x8007000d. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter, it said that it detected something but didn't...
  5. My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now

My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now: My laptop has failed the most recent Windows update more than 30 consecutive times, and i have tried really hard to at least diagnose the problem, but all i know is that the error code is 0x80070003, and the troubleshooter has been as helpful as a waste of time in the form of...
  6. Unable to install any feature update

Unable to install any feature update: Hi, This is gonna be a long text, sorry. Now, I first noticed this problem when I was trying to switch to the dev channel of the windows insider program. I already asked for help about this and people told me it was because of the insider builds. So I thought I dont have...
  7. (Windows 10 update error) I've been trying to install this update for about a month now,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Windows 10 update error) I've been trying to install this update for about a month now,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Derpy_Aura [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf09xc/windows_10_update_error_ive_been_trying_to/
  8. Windows update version 1903 refuses to install for 3 months now

Windows update version 1903 refuses to install for 3 months now: So my pc is trying to install the Windows 10 1903 update for almost 3 months now and it just will not work. The download of the update always goes as planned (as far as I can see). Then I get bombarded whit the usual "restart your pc to install the update" messages every 10...
  9. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install any printer for last 6 months: Hello, My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or finding any printer about 6 months ago. I have tried our Epson, I have tried our HP and both wifi and USB configurations on...
  10. Reccurring Meeting 3 of the 4 weeks in Month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reccurring Meeting 3 of the 4 weeks in Month: Good Morning... I am trying to Schedule a Reoccurring Meeting 3 out the 4 weeks in a month. The first Wednesday of every month is a Combined Conf Call with everyone on call. For the remaining weeks of the month, there are 2 Weekly Scheduled Conference Calls - From...