Windows 10: Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

Discus and support Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Trying to uninstall Master Chief Collection for example. In the Xbox App i get 0x87e00017. In the Microsoft Store i get the same 0x87E00017. I used... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by masterchief4240, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

Trying to uninstall Master Chief Collection for example. In the Xbox App i get 0x87e00017. In the Microsoft Store i get the same 0x87E00017.

I used the following powershell command as well.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Chelan Remove-AppxPackage

Results:

Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store 98163051-e8bb-4746-8cae-8ddeb9beee3c?upload=true.png

Tried uninstalling through another local user. Tried wsreset.exe . Running out of ideas, do I really have to reinstall Windows for this?

:)

masterchief4240, Nov 18, 2020
  2. AaronBe Win User

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Hi there,

I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games (Sea of Theives, Moonlighter) with no issue, but others (such as no mans sky) either do nothing (when trying in microsoft
    app) or Error code 0x00000001 (Xbox store).

Steps I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both stores

2. Reparied and reset both apps from apps settings

3. Uninstalled Xbox app and tried to download from microsoft store

4. Went into services and ensured all xbox services are running

- I have 2 instances of Gaming services. One is running and the other gives error code 31 when trying to start it

5. I have reset gaming services and the app downloader from settings

6. I have restarted my pc many times

7. I have fully updated windows

8. I have peformed a repair install of windows

Nothing works. All other forms and questions I have seen only seem to generate the generic responses of

1. Restart your PC

2. Reset the app

3. Update windows

4. Repair install

I have followed all of these steps and still cannot properly access services. Can you please suggest any other approaches to fixing this error?

Many thanks,

Aaron

AaronBe, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Build-in vs. MS Store apps?

Yes, it only appears once now that I installed it (there was none before) but before I installed it via Store, there already was Xbox Game Bar since I was able to access the settings via Windows Settings menu, right?

TomazDrnovsek, Nov 18, 2020
  4. LeonLaude Win User

Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

1. Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store - Similar Threads - Unable install certain

2. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  3. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  4. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Xbox App/MS Store will not install games to D drive external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App/MS Store will not install games to D drive external HDD: My PC has an internal 512Gb SSD that I reserve for OS/small programs and a 2Tb HDD that I primarily use for my games. When trying to install a game from the Xbox app to my external HDD, I get error 0x87e00017. Most solutions I've found online imply that the issue is network...
  6. Unable to install apps from ms store

Unable to install apps from ms store: Hello, I am facing issues in downloading apps from MS store, whenever I try to install an app, it shows "Acquiring license", then after sometimes it shows "Error". Pls help me fix it. I am unable to download important apps. Windows basic apps also facing same issue....
  7. Xbox app wont install certain games

Xbox app wont install certain games: Ive ran into issues with the microsoft store and xbox app not letting me download certain games, i recently tried to install alien isolation and it got to 38.9 MB and stopped downloading at 0B/s it isnt my internet as steam lets me download any game freely. This only happens...
  8. Can’t download any games from ms store or Xbox app on pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t download any games from ms store or Xbox app on pc: I tried installing different games and tried doing wsreset.exe and nothings worked, please help. submitted by /u/FaintWhispersInHouse [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khuki0/cant_download_any_games_from_ms_store_or_xbox_app/
  9. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store: Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error...
  10. Unable to install ITunes from the MS Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install ITunes from the MS Store.: So. I ran across my old IPod and was in the process of getting it working again. I went to the Apple website, to their ITunes web page, and I was only given one link, to the MS Store, no direct link was available to me. So I pop into the MS Store for the first time ever and I...