Windows 10: Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version

Discus and support Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded Windows 10 to version 20H2 a few days ago The Checkpoint VPN Security program has stopped running since then due to a problem... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stefano Ciogli, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version

Hello,

I upgraded Windows 10 to version 20H2 a few days ago

The Checkpoint VPN Security program has stopped running since then due to a problem connecting to the service.

I have deinstalled the program and am trying to install it again with different versions, but the installer always stops for a permissions problem to vsdata.dll file. It also seems impossible to change the ownership of this file.

Any suggestions?

:)

Stefano Ciogli, Jan 4, 2021
  2. SK_0703 Win User

Unable to install Checkpoint VPN

Dear All

Please see the following attached.

Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version 18ab26f7-7877-4286-892f-bd60f319bb28?upload=true.png

Issue type: Facing difficulties to install the Checkpoint VPN.

Observation: Win 10 OS, is a domain end-user.

Troubleshooting steps:

1, Safe mode install.

2, Clean boot install.

3, Grant the user admin access.

4, Login as different profile then install Checkpoint VPN.

5, According to the error message, try to grant the user full control on the relevant folder/file but not successful. Have tried login as Administrator then grant full control but get the same result.

6, Have tried to download and install higher version VPN checkpoint.

Resolution: Pending.

Grateful if you guys can provide some advice.

Thank you.

SK

***Original password: VPN installation***

SK_0703, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Smiley1 Win User
    Checkpoint VPN on Windows firewall app list???

But I don't have Checkpoint VPN installed on my computer. I can't find any sign of it.

Is this something that comes bundled with Windows 10? Should I remove the check marks from the boxes in the Windows Firewall settings? I have Checkpoint VPN and Checkpoint.VPN on the list.

Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm fairly new to Windows 10 and I haven't used the Windows firewall in years. I just recently uninstalled ESET Smart Security and it used to show a list of apps connecting to the internet. I don't recall ever seeing Checkpoint anywhere in ESET's settings either.

Smiley1, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version

Unable to install Checkpoint VPN

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with installing the Checkpoint VPN application on your PC as it asks for permissions.

One of the things that you can try is renaming the vsdata.dll file and see if the installation goes through.

1. Press Windows + E to open
      File Explorer
    2. On the left hand pane click on This PC.
    3. Now navigate to the location C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
    4. Locate the file vsdata.dll.
    5. Right click on the file and click on
      Rename.
    6. Rename the file to vsdata.dll.old.

In addition, you can also try enabling the built-in administrator and see if the installation goes through.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

net user administrator /active:yes

However, if the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version

1. Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version - Similar Threads - Unable install Checkpoint

2. Checkpoint endpoint secutiry VPN functionality in Russia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checkpoint endpoint secutiry VPN functionality in Russia: Hi all,Just checking in if anyone had some further information about the functionality of the Checkpoint endpoint security VPN within Russia specifically Moscow.I am going to Russia in a month or so and would just like to know if i would be able to work there via the...
  3. Checkpoint endpoint secutiry VPN functionality in Russia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checkpoint endpoint secutiry VPN functionality in Russia: Hi all,Just checking in if anyone had some further information about the functionality of the Checkpoint endpoint security VPN within Russia specifically Moscow.I am going to Russia in a month or so and would just like to know if i would be able to work there via the...
  4. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  5. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  6. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Checkpoint VPN on updated Windows 10 version: Hello, I upgraded Windows 10 to version 20H2 a few days ago The Checkpoint VPN Security Version 81.10 program has stopped to run correctly I have deinstalled the program and Iam trying to reinstall it again with different versions 81.10, 82.40, 84.20 and so son , but the...
  8. Unable to install Checkpoint VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install Checkpoint VPN: Dear All Please see the following attached. [ATTACH] Issue type: Facing difficulties to install the Checkpoint VPN. Observation: Win 10 OS, is a domain end-user. Troubleshooting steps: 1, Safe mode install. 2, Clean boot install. 3, Grant the user admin...
  9. Checkpoint VPN on Windows firewall app list???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Checkpoint VPN on Windows firewall app list???: But I don't have Checkpoint VPN installed on my computer. I can't find any sign of it. Is this something that comes bundled with Windows 10? Should I remove the check marks from the boxes in the Windows Firewall settings? I have Checkpoint VPN and Checkpoint.VPN on the...
  10. BSOD after installing Checkpoint VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Checkpoint VPN: Hello, please help with this BSOD. It started after unsucessfull installation of Checkpoint VPN client. It apears randomly. I removed Checkpoint VPN client in safe mode, bsod still apears. Thanks 91992