Windows 10: Unable to install driver manually

Discus and support Unable to install driver manually in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to use my Guitar Hero Live controller for Xbox 360 on PC. To use it, I read that you need to use the driver 'Xbox 360 Controller for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VezFigo, Jun 6, 2020.

1. VezFigo Win User

Unable to install driver manually

Hi,

I wanted to use my Guitar Hero Live controller for Xbox 360 on PC. To use it, I read that you need to use the driver 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtyrvJ2YUCw. So I update the driver and pick the correct driver manually from Device Manager Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, but it's not installed correctly in the General tab it says: "No drivers are installed for this device".

The strange thing is that if I install the driver and don't close the Device Propriety page, appears the Xbox controller icon, but when I enter again in the Device Propriety page the Device returns unknown.

I tried to perform the same procedure from another PC with Windows 10 Pro version 1903 and it works fine the driver will be installed correctly.

To verify that it is not a Driver problem, I copy the correct driver from the PC where the device has been installed correctly from the directory: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore and tried to install to my PC disabling Digital signature, but I have the same problem.

In my PC I've install Windows 10 Pro version 2004, and in the other PC it's installed the version 1903.

It could be a version problem? How I can solve this problem?

Best Regards and sorry for my bad english,

:)

VezFigo, Jun 6, 2020

2. unable to install bluetooth adapter driver software

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to install the software for the driver in normal mode, I suggest you to install the same in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on the setup file of the software and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the software install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Unable to install driver manually

catalyst install problem

hi, ever since i tried 9.11 betas back in september catalyst installers are unable to detect my crossfired 4850s. They only work if i manually install the drivers through the device manager.
    Any suggestions on this? I am also unable to install CCC as it cant detect the cards either.

I tried cleaning with driver sweeper, removing c++ 2005 instances etc. nothing is helping me

If i cant find a solution a format seems to be the only way.

btw this is on Vista sp2 64bit

ucanmandaa, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install driver manually

1. Unable to install driver manually - Similar Threads - Unable install driver

2. Unable to install KB5021233 manually.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install KB5021233 manually.: I'm running Win10 LTSC 2021 - 19044.1706 21H2My last update was installed in April 2022 - KB5012599. It was finished off with `/Cleanup-image /Resetbase`No updates were installed since then. Now I'm trying to install KB5021233 and it fails with generic error 0x8024200bLogs...
  3. Unable to install KB5021233 manually.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install KB5021233 manually.: I'm running Win10 LTSC 2021 - 19044.1706 21H2My last update was installed in April 2022 - KB5012599. It was finished off with `/Cleanup-image /Resetbase`No updates were installed since then. Now I'm trying to install KB5021233 and it fails with generic error 0x8024200bLogs...
  4. Unable to install KB5021233 manually.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with installing drivers manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with installing drivers manually: I was trying to manually update drivers for my android device on Windows 10, and I wasn't able to select one "from disk".This same problem persisted on Windows 11 for me, as well as when I used 3 different drivers, or whenever I try to manually install any driver....
  6. Issue with installing drivers manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with installing drivers manually: I was trying to manually update drivers for my android device on Windows 10, and I wasn't able to select one "from disk".This same problem persisted on Windows 11 for me, as well as when I used 3 different drivers, or whenever I try to manually install any driver....
  7. Issue with installing drivers manually

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Unknown device drivers not installing manually: Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this time, I try to update it and nothing happens. I go to manage devices Other devices Unknown device Browse my computer Pick...
  9. manually install device driver

manually install device driver: PC isn't automatically picking up a new device...how do I manually install a device driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-install-device-driver/1366fd37-5da6-44c5-ba4c-b3934eb914cf
  10. how to manually install a camcorder driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to manually install a camcorder driver: I can not download video from a memory card, I have an original driver of my camcorder. It didn't install automatically. How can I install it manually....