Windows 10: Unable to install drivers for proprietary device

Discus and support Unable to install drivers for proprietary device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to install USB drivers for my android Xperia Z3 compact, however Device manager either reports "Driver was not installed" FASTBOOT or "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NO111ONE, May 27, 2021.

1. NO111ONE Win User

Unable to install drivers for proprietary device

I'm trying to install USB drivers for my android Xperia Z3 compact, however Device manager either reports "Driver was not installed" FASTBOOT or "The latest drivers are already installed" FLASH MODE. Already tried to remove the device but still no luck. What I do remember is it did work and I did manage to write recovery once in fastboot. Now it just does not work at all.I might try to do it on an older release of windows or macOS but for now just asking about windows 10.

:)

NO111ONE, May 27, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 27, 2021
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, May 27, 2021
  4. Unable to install drivers for proprietary device

Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install drivers for proprietary device

1. Unable to install drivers for proprietary device - Similar Threads - Unable install drivers

2. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10: Hi,I'm having problem with my Win10 HP Z4G4 PC unable to recognize & connect to AX88178 device. Already tried installing/updating the AX88178 driver using the ASIX drivers as shown in the ASIX_USBDrivers folder which mostly obtained from...
  3. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10: Hi,I'm having problem with my Win10 HP Z4G4 PC unable to recognize & connect to AX88178 device. Already tried installing/updating the AX88178 driver using the ASIX drivers as shown in the ASIX_USBDrivers folder which mostly obtained from...
  4. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  6. Drivers are unable to be installed

Drivers are unable to be installed: I've asked for help on this problem before, but stopped receiving any replies or suggestions, the link to it is given below.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-manager-lists-devices-as-driverless/bdf4e992-a188-455d-a9a0-9c97afc80c26Any device I...
  7. No Realtek Drivers In Device Manager And Unable To Install The Drivers.

No Realtek Drivers In Device Manager And Unable To Install The Drivers.: Hello I have a HP Phoenix that I recently reset and now has no sound. I looked through a thousand forums and found that I need realtek for windows 10. looked everywhere to find it.. ( not in control panel, not in device manager or hidden devices,) finally found the folder in...
  8. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install: Trying to set up my new iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 7, my new phone is and iPhone XS. My iTunes recognises my iPhone XS but not my iPhone 7. As I wish to back up my iPhone 7 and restore it to my XS. I have reinstalled iTunes on Windows 64 bit due to issues on the...
  9. Unable to install required drivers for new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install required drivers for new device: I recently purchased a Canon printer that includes a scanner. In order for all to work properly, it is necessary that the Canon MP drivers download and install. I have spent countless hours working with this thing to no avail. I also have spent several hours with Microsoft...
  10. Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver

Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver: I have two machines that both have Elan touchpads and both of them have significant issues. One is an Asus Zenbook 303la. The other is a Samsung Ativbook 5. The Zenbook has erratic mouse movements. Sometimes the cursor will jump to another part of the screen. It also will...