Windows 10: Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro

Discus and support Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After contacting Fidelity and troubleshooting all of their solutions, I am still unable to install their software on my Windows 10 system. When running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fikash, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Fikash Win User

Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro

After contacting Fidelity and troubleshooting all of their solutions, I am still unable to install their software on my Windows 10 system. When running setup.exe, I get the following error:

An error occurred attempting to install Active TraderProInstaller

An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.fidelity.com/webcontent/ATPInstaller/ActiveTraderProInstaller.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Raffi\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDF29D.tmp\install.log' for more information.

That file contained the following:

Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}

Property: [VersionNT] = 10.0.0 {version}

Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 x86 and x64', phase BuildList

Reading value 'Release' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'

Read integer value 528372

Setting value '528372 {int}' for property 'DotNet462Full_Release'

Reading value 'v4' of registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\OS Integration'

Read integer value 1

Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNet462Full_OSIntegrated'

The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 x86 and x64':

Property: [DotNet462Full_OSIntegrated] = 1 {int}

Property: [DotNet462Full_Release] = 528372 {int}

Running checks for command 'DotNetFX462\NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe'

Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true

Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX462\NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe' is 'Bypass'

Running checks for command 'DotNetFX462\NDP462-KB3151802-Web.exe'

Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false

Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'DotNet462Full_Release' and value '394802': true

Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX462\NDP462-KB3151802-Web.exe' is 'Bypass'

'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 x86 and x64' RunCheck result: No Install Needed

Launching Application.

URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'

Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.fidelity.com/webcontent/ATPInstaller/ActiveTraderProInstaller.application'.

There is no issue with my internet connection that should prevent this software from downloading the necessary files.

:)

Fikash, Feb 27, 2021
  2. CM Li Win User

How to resolve a security blocking on installing Fidelity's Active Trader Pro

I am installing Fidelity's Active Trader Pro software on my personal laptop, and have pop-up with error message: " Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer." I have had Fidelity support
    to remotely look at my laptop and turned of the Windows security levels and Malwarebytes real-time protections, but the problem still exists. They suggested I should get MS's support center to resolve this. I am using Windows 10 with up-to-date updates. Thanks
    in advance if the community could help me to resolve this. Jimmy

CM Li, Feb 27, 2021
  3. MPUSA Win User
    I am having a problem re-installing Fidelity Active Trader Pro

I had Fidelity Active Trader Pro installed on my Windows 10 machine and it worked fine for a while. When it would not start up properly I decided to uninstall it and re-install. Unfortunately it will not re-install .. the install program says that the
    program is already installed. I( would appreciate help on getting this installled .. Thanks

MPUSA, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Vick_C Win User

I am having trouble installing Fidelity Active Trader Pro, I am using a Dell XPS

I have tried to install Fidelity Active Trader Pro with no success. I have logged tickets with Fidelity and they said it was a Antivirus/Microsoft Issue. I have talked to Bitdefender and they have said its not their issue. I have installed debugging software
    from Microsoft and that hasn't helped either.

I logged in using Safe mode and tried to install that didn't work. I logged in using Safe mode with network connection and that also didn't work. I am at a loss for how to get this to install.

Vick_C, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro - Similar Threads - Unable Install Fidelity

2. Can't reinstall Fidelity Active Trader Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall Fidelity Active Trader Pro: Fidelity Active Trader Pro and it's shortcut disappeared from my computer. I tried to reinstall it but I get the message "C:\users\desktop\fidelity active trader pro 64.appref.ms is denied" What's the fix? Fidelity's tech reps couldn't solve the problem and suggested I...
  3. Can't reinstall Fidelity Active Trader Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall Fidelity Active Trader Pro: Fidelity Active Trader Pro and it's shortcut disappeared from my computer. I tried to reinstall it but I get the message "C:\users\desktop\fidelity active trader pro 64.appref.ms is denied" What's the fix? Fidelity's tech reps couldn't solve the problem and suggested I...
  4. Can't reinstall Fidelity Active Trader Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to download fidelity active trader pro on window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download fidelity active trader pro on window: Download of fidelity trader active pro is not working on my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-fidelity-active-trader-pro-on/c407b728-b039-4779-b95c-1db1bfa1db2c
  6. How to download fidelity active trader pro on window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download fidelity active trader pro on window: Download of fidelity trader active pro is not working on my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-fidelity-active-trader-pro-on/c407b728-b039-4779-b95c-1db1bfa1db2c
  7. How to download fidelity active trader pro on window

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Fidelity Active Trader Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fidelity Active Trader Pro: Hello,I previously had fidelity active trader pro app installed and working on my Dell Windows 10 Laptop. However, yesterday, it stopped working without any warnings. I tried to uninstall it through control panel but it won't. I called up dell support and they tried to...
  9. Cannot install Fidelity Active Trader Pro with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Fidelity Active Trader Pro with Windows 10: When I click the exe file, I get the message say that "you administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer." This is my home PC, and I am not on a network, and I am the administrator. I have turned off the firewall in...
  10. How to resolve a security blocking on installing Fidelity's Active Trader Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to resolve a security blocking on installing Fidelity's Active Trader Pro: I am installing Fidelity's Active Trader Pro software on my personal laptop, and have pop-up with error message: " Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer." I have had Fidelity support to remotely look at...