Windows 10: Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

Discus and support Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get this error message when i try to change the installation folder from c drive to another drive.The picture is for a Norwegian language windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roger1980, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Roger1980 Win User

Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

I get this error message when i try to change the installation folder from c drive to another drive.The picture is for a Norwegian language windows operating system.

:)

Roger1980, Nov 30, 2021

2. Unable to Connect the Xbox One in the Xbox App

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
    The Xbox App is great for gaming, and connecting to friends. Whether your a hard core gamer or your average gamer. It is still fun to use!

There are many things the Xbox App can be used for, even to connect up to your Xbox One to stream the content from the Xbox to the Xbox App. However, there are times when the App does not work as expected to, which in tern can leave you raging. This article
    will, hopefully, help you with sorting out problems using the App to connect to the Xbox One console and streaming.

Details

Not able to see the Connect option on the Xbox App

For those of you who are unable to see the connect option when using your Xbox app on Windows 10 (Or not able to connect your Xbox to the app), then you could be running an old version of the Xbox App and it will need to be updated. To check to see if your
    Xbox App needs to be updated, please look at this article below, for more information:

Xbox Support

To update your Xbox app on your Windows device, you can follow these instructions:

1. You will need to first launch the Marketplace App on your device.
    2. Once you in the app, please search for “Xbox”
    3. Click onto the Xbox app, that will be displayed in the search results – This should also be noted as “Installed”.
    4. Once you have clicked onto the App, then it should install the update for the App on your device.
    5. Once it has updated, you can navigate back to your app and launch it where you should then see the connect option.
    Not able to connect my Xbox One to the Xbox App

You can try a power cycle on the console (holding the power button for 10 seconds), which will turn off your Xbox One. Once the Xbox One is turned off, turn it back on and see if your Xbox One will connect to your Windows 10 device.

Please take a look at the following link for troubleshooting steps on how to resolve problems about the Xbox App game streaming.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/gaming-on-windows/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming

I hope this article does help you with connecting to the Xbox App. If you would like to suggest changes, please use the suggest edits option on the bottom of the article. If you would like help with the Xbox App, then please use the Ask the community link
    on the right hand side of the article.

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Nov 30, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Nov 30, 2021
  4. flone6822 Win User

Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

(Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?)

I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC. This worked fine and the games launch as normal initially, however as soon as this drive is removed
    at any time I'm unable to do anything at all with the installed game - I can't uninstall, play or verify to the Xbox app that the game is there at all. I've managed to uninstall the game by forcing the WindowsApps folder's security settings, but surely there's
    something i'm missing here?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

flone6822, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/ - Similar Threads - Unable install game

2. Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/: I get this error message when i try to change the installation folder from c drive to another drive.The picture is for a Norwegian language windows operating system....
  3. Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/: I get this error message when i try to change the installation folder from c drive to another drive.The picture is for a Norwegian language windows operating system....
  4. Cannot Install game from Xbox App

Cannot Install game from Xbox App: I am unable to install Farming Simulator game from Xbox App Error Code 0x80073d0d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-game-from-xbox-app/c787e650-c042-4c2a-9e22-98a11750069a
  5. Installing a windows app on another drive than C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a windows app on another drive than C:: Hello friends, I reinstall my windows and lost my previously installed games. Now I want to re-install Forza Horizon app but it only let me install it on C: which I don't have enough space on it. I have another hard drive as D: but it doesn't let me install it on that...
  6. Installing most UWP games from Xbox app/Windows Store on C drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing most UWP games from Xbox app/Windows Store on C drive doesn't work: I play a lot of games, the majority of which are on Steam orEpic Games, but some games like No Man's Sky, Minecraft Dungeons, and GroundedI play the Windows 10 version from the Windows Store/Xbox app. When I installgames like this on the C drive, they work fine. When I...
  7. Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store: Trying to uninstall Master Chief Collection for example. In the Xbox App i get 0x87e00017. In the Microsoft Store i get the same 0x87E00017. I used the following powershell command as well. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Chelan Remove-AppxPackage Results: [ATTACH]...
  8. Installing xbox apps to another drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing xbox apps to another drive: I own xbox game pass and recently I tried to install a game on my D: drive but when I tried the app said that drive wasn't set up to install xbox apps. It linked me to settings so I clicked on it and tried to change the install location for apps but whenever it asks me:...
  9. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  10. How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?: I am trying to move an app to a different drive to free up space. I am an administrator. The "move" icon on the apps & features page is grayed out. What do I have to do to activate the move command?...