Windows 10: Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!!

Discus and support Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Can someone please help me! I have purchased a game from my microsoft account but I now need to add my sons device. I can't do this without adding... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LOis]]], Jan 11, 2021.

1. LOis]]] Win User

Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!!

Can someone please help me!

I have purchased a game from my microsoft account but I now need to add my sons device. I can't do this without adding my pin which I have forgotten and when I try to reset it on his device its not picking up my microsoft account on his laptop even though its registered on the device. I'm going round in circles. I don't have my own laptop as it broke but I assume this would have enabled me to rest my pin on my own device?? How do I do it?

:)

LOis]]], Jan 11, 2021

2. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Purchased Game Won't Install

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to install Medical Center-Hidden Objects from Microsoft Store.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you able to install other apps & games from Microsoft Store?

However, we can try a few steps and check if that helps you to install the game. Before proceeding with the below steps, we would suggest you to sign out from Microsoft Store and after performing the steps sign in with the same
    Microsoft account used to purchase the game.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Creating a New User account.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!!

Unable to find pinned games on Start menu in Windows 10

Hi Mark,

As you are facing issues with finding the pinned apps/ games on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to pinning the games to Start menu?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to find for the games using search option on Taskbar?

I suggest you to press Windows key, click on All apps to find if these games are present.

For more information refer to: Love it? Pin it

Hope it helps. Reply to post with accessing the pinned games and with the required information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!!

1. Unable to install game purchased or add device for the game or rest pin!! - Similar Threads - Unable install game

2. Unable to install games.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install games.: Hello! I have downloaded resident evil 5 from ocean of games site. As soon as it downloads, windows defender detects it as a threat and hampers the installation. Should I add it as an exception to the windows firewall? I want to play this game very badly......
  3. Unable to see purchased game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to see purchased game: Hi I have bought x2 Aura cells on Dead by Daylight however its not showing on my game. The money has been taken. Has anyone else had this issue? ****Original title: Dead by Daylight Aura cell purchase issues********Moved from : Windows/Gaming on Windows 10****...
  4. Game purchase

Game purchase: Hello I now know why I stayed away from online games for years! I thought I had purchased a game from Microsoft. There was even a nice little check mark in the corner to tell me that I now "own" this particular game. But now I can't find the bloody game in order to play...
  5. Purchased Game Won't Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Game Won't Install: I purchased Medical Center-Hidden Objects. It downloaded fin, but I received an error message when trying to install it. The error code is 0x80240017. Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, know how to fix it, or get a refund on my purchase?...
  6. unable to installing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to installing games: I can't install play 7 wonders ll cd games on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-installing-games/2d7da9c1-4a57-4702-98a1-26bfbdd34df4
  7. Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install purchased Minecraft game. Can't find device.: I purchased the PC version of the Minecraft game for my son. I created a family account on my PC and was able to locate my PC under My Devices, however, Minecraft install is not finding my device. The message when I select 'Install on my Device' is: "It looks like you don’t...
  8. Unable to add already installed game to windows

Unable to add already installed game to windows: I recently purchased a new ssd so had to reinstall windows on it but now the games I had installed to my other 2 hard drives while using my old ssd are not appearing in windows. I am also unable to delete the old games and reinstall them. Is there anyway to add them or...
  9. purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased game: I purchased a game from the Microsoft Store paid for the full game but it will not let me into the full game. I have phoned Microsoft Five times now and got passed from pillar to post with no success. The price of the game was £2-69 and I have spent four times that just...
  10. cant install purchased game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install purchased game: Hi There. I recently purchased some the Witcher 3 game from the Microsoft Store. However, when I click, "Install on my Devices" I get a small pop up screen that says, "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign...