Windows 10: Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

Discus and support Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elfishgene, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix conceivable posted online, reset this, stopped that, changed this, updated that, etc etc etc and it still doesn't work.

When the install button is clicked, nothing happens at all, there is maybe a slight pause the app, but that's it. Lately an error message pops up with "Something happened our end, try again later!" Talk about cryptic, and this would be fine, but 'trying again' for over two weeks, and still nothing!

OK i'm perplexed, stuck and fed up, any kind of insight now would be helpful.

:)

Elfishgene, Jun 14, 2020

2. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

• I am unable to launch game bar on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I am unable to launch microsoft store on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I cannot open xbox console companion on windows (appears to open but closes instantly)
    • Many gamepass games won't launch, some say im not logged in (but i obviously am logged into my gamepass account)

I have tried a number of solutions I found on the internet from simple reinstall to running various command prompt and powershell commands, I have ensured I have folder and file permissions for the microsoft apps folder on this account.

Because I cannot launch the microsoft store I can't attempt to reinstall some items.

teardropphoenix, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

1. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store! - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: The x box app wasn't opening for me and I tried to fix it but nothing worked. I uninstalled it and am trying to install it from the Microsoft store however it is not letting me. Every time I click install the store freezes. I tried to download the x box app from online and it...
  3. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: The x box app wasn't opening for me and I tried to fix it but nothing worked. I uninstalled it and am trying to install it from the Microsoft store however it is not letting me. Every time I click install the store freezes. I tried to download the x box app from online and it...
  4. Unable to install Apps From Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Apps From Microsoft Store: Recently I ran a windows debloater script with uninstalled many windows default apps. But with this it also uninstalled "Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.5". Was Unable to install msix Bundle By Clicking Simply Clicking On it. Microsoft Store is also broken. I tried a lot of methods...
  5. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store: I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with downloading other apps and games from the Store...
  6. Unable to install apps from microsoft store

Unable to install apps from microsoft store: Problem 1. I am trying to install apps from Microsoft store but, it is stuck on starting download. 2. The install button on some apps is ghosted or greyed out. 3. While on some apps clicking on install button does nothing. Things I've tried 1. Resetting store and it's...
  7. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games: I am unable to launch game bar on my PC appears to open but closes instantly - it WAS working fine a few days ago. I am unable to launch microsoft store on my PC appears to open but closes instantly - it WAS working fine a few days ago. I cannot open xbox console companion on...
  8. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: 've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the store Please help...
  9. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: I've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Installed the patch Tuesday update this AM (v1903, build 17763.437). Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the...
  10. Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.: Split from this thread. Is there a way for me to open the Microsoft Store with the purpose of opening an app or game and have it download and then launch immediately for me to use. I am a self taught user and am 72 years of age. An unwanted person who compromised my...