Windows 10: Unable to install games from the store

Discus and support Unable to install games from the store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kessepadmore, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Unable to install games from the store

Split from this thread.​

I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem.

:)

kessepadmore, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Unable to install games on the Windows 10 store

Hi,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we recommend that you perform the steps below:

Clear & Reset Windows Store Cache with WSReset.exe:

• Go to the Start Screen or the Windows Modern UI screen.
    • Type in WSReset.exe.
    • Click on Run as administrator.
    Note: Windows Store will open and you’ll get a confirmation message saying that: The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.

After performing the steps above, kindly check it and see how it goes.

For additional information regarding this matter, we suggest that you visit this

link

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Unable to install games from the store

Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install games from the store

1. Unable to install games from the store - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. game installing from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game installing from store: so i had 20 gb left on my C: Drive and i want to switch it to where i can install on my 916 gb drive. How do I do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-installing-from-store/2856ee88-a5e6-4a1d-bc8e-082084ec1e61
  3. unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install/play game from the microsoft store: i have resently reseved minecraft windows 10 starter collection. i redemed the code and i now own it. i went to hit install/play and tab opens up it flashes blue and disapperes. but before it does it sayes microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe what do i do ?...
  4. Unable to install apps from the store

Unable to install apps from the store: When trying, I get an error 0x87aF00B. I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-apps-from-the-store/564cf9a2-659f-434b-9863-2fe41e95261d
  5. Installing games from the store

Installing games from the store: I was given a notice that world of tanks blitz was updated. .When I tried to update it I was unable to do so. I was then having the idea that I would down load it from the microsoft store after uninstalling it in hopes of getting the new game update. No go because it will...
  6. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!: For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix conceivable posted online, reset this, stopped that, changed this, updated that, etc etc etc and it still doesn't work. When the...
  7. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store: I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with downloading other apps and games from the Store...
  8. Unable to download games from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games from store: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  9. Unable to start games from Store

Unable to start games from Store: I am unable to start the games (all the games!!) I download from the Store. I press the start, it flashes but nothing happens. I tried updating Windows, Store, the games with no avail...
  10. unable to install from microsoft store

unable to install from microsoft store: Please help. I have tried everything, even had an expert look at my laptop. I am unable to install apps from microsoft store. It only allows me to download apps. I have tried wiping my computer, reinstall windows 1803....