Windows 10: Unable to install HP Driver

Discus and support Unable to install HP Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got rid of my old printer and am trying to uninstall the old driver. When ever I try it says only administrators may change drivers, and puts it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlyssaTaylor1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Unable to install HP Driver

I got rid of my old printer and am trying to uninstall the old driver. When ever I try it says only administrators may change drivers, and puts it back. I went into properties and gave myself full permissions for full control and it still won't let me. I am the sole user

:)

AlyssaTaylor1, Aug 20, 2020
  2. PLSG08 Win User

Re-Installing HP drivers....

Hey guys!

So I just reformatted my Aunt's HP/Compaq Laptop (CQ42-292TX) and now I'm installing the drivers, but it looks like it won't

I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from the HP website, and all of them would just fail. (Even if they finished) Also the Intel driver would just show "This computer does not meet the requirements.." blah blah blah even if there's no driver installed.

the only drivers I need is:

Wi-Fi driver

what I have:
    Graphics Driver (I already have the latest from AMD and Intel...)

the AMD driver would just finish installing but Catalyst won't show up :/

I'll try safe mode

Quick replies and any suggestions are welcome (except setting it to Wumbo)

Thanks!

PLSG08, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Unable to install HP printer

What is the difference between step 2 and step 3? I know how to "remove device" in the devices and printers section of control panel. But how do I find and uninstall the drivers? The HP Full Feature Software is not installed, though maybe some registry remnants are messing things up?

Thanks everyone! Unable to install HP Driver :)

garbanzhell, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Unable to install HP Driver

unable to install bluetooth adapter driver software

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to install the software for the driver in normal mode, I suggest you to install the same in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on the setup file of the software and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the software install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install HP Driver

1. Unable to install HP Driver - Similar Threads - Unable install Driver

2. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  3. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  4. Unable to install Hp support assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Hp support assistance: I can’t install Hp support assistance. Whenever I try to install it, it says: “Failed to extract cab”. What does this mean? How do I fix it? Any help is really appreciated!...
  5. Drivers are unable to be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers are unable to be installed: I've asked for help on this problem before, but stopped receiving any replies or suggestions, the link to it is given below.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-manager-lists-devices-as-driverless/bdf4e992-a188-455d-a9a0-9c97afc80c26Any device I...
  6. Unable to find HP camera driver

Unable to find HP camera driver: Hello, Can somebody help me in finding the camera driver for my HP laptop. My camera is not starting, gives an errorcannot find camera. I visited support.hp.com to download the driver, but there is no such driver in my knowledge else the name is different and i couldn't find...
  7. Unable to install drivers

Unable to install drivers: Hi, I'm having an annoying problem with my pc, so call me dumb right here, but, I accidentally uninstalled my ethernet controller on my pc, it's a bit annoying but normally it wouldn't have been a problem. The problem is, when I try reinstalling the drivers, it, just......
  8. Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.: I’m not able to install my HP Printer and when I check Devices & Printers in the Control Panel, instead of the device being shown as "Ready," it is shown as "Driver is unavailable." [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to install print driver from the HP website

Unable to install print driver from the HP website: Hello, This morning I attempted to print something, and my computer decided it was no longer going to let that happen. I have never had a printing issue, since purchasing the computer in May of this year. I attempted to download the most recent print driver for my Samsung...
  10. Unable to install HP printer

Unable to install HP printer: Hello, I have an Acer 5741 with Windows 10. Back when I had Windows 7, I was able to use my HP Deskjet F4580 without problem. However, when I try to install the printer, it always fails. I have tried using the driver installer from HP website (which fails in one of the...