Windows 10: Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

Discus and support Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’m not able to install my HP Printer and when I check Devices & Printers in the Control Panel, instead of the device being shown as "Ready," it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M. Hamer, Feb 21, 2019.

1. M. Hamer Win User

Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

I’m not able to install my HP Printer and when I check Devices & Printers in the Control Panel, instead of the device being shown as "Ready," it is shown as "Driver is unavailable."

Unable to install HP Printer.  Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”. 5596fce8-3ad6-4fa3-b669-09071e8100c1?upload=true.png

:)

M. Hamer, Feb 21, 2019

2. HP printer driver

Unable to successfully remove HP printer from the device list in control panel device listings. Printer icon in the listing is shaded and status shows "removing" but it won't delete. How can I remove this device so that I can successfully reinstall it
    with an updated driver? Any installation attempt at this point is unsuccessful.

timothymyer, Feb 21, 2019
  3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

Unable to install HP printer

What is the difference between step 2 and step 3? I know how to "remove device" in the devices and printers section of control panel. But how do I find and uninstall the drivers? The HP Full Feature Software is not installed, though maybe some registry remnants are messing things up?

Thanks everyone! Unable to install HP Printer.  Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”. :)

garbanzhell, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

1. Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”. - Similar Threads - Unable install Printer

2. How to remove a printer with "Driver is unavailable" status from list of Printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a printer with "Driver is unavailable" status from list of Printers and scanners: When I went to connect my printers to Windows 11 on my new laptop, I received the message "Driver was unavailable". I downloaded and installed the driver for my Canon iP8720 and was successful in connected my laptop to the printer. However, I still see the printer with the...
  3. How to remove a printer with "Driver is unavailable" status from list of Printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a printer with "Driver is unavailable" status from list of Printers and scanners: When I went to connect my printers to Windows 11 on my new laptop, I received the message "Driver was unavailable". I downloaded and installed the driver for my Canon iP8720 and was successful in connected my laptop to the printer. However, I still see the printer with the...
  4. HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printers - driver unavailable - on multiple printers: My HP Envy 4520 printer suddenly stopped working - the issue appeared to be 'driver unavailable'. I tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall - following directions found online. I gave up. My friend gave me his old printer HP Envy 7155 and set that up and it...
  5. HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.: Hello, thanks for your time and effort. I have a Dell Laptop with Win 10 and am able to install and print to an HP 5740 printer wirelessly. Bought an HP laptop with Win 10 for my child and she can print to the same printer if connected by UBS cable but not wirelessly. The...
  6. printer driver unavailable

printer driver unavailable: I recently purchased an HP project 9010 all in one series printer about two weeks ago. I installed it easily everything was working fine, now suddenly it will not print. It goes from Default error, to drivers unavailable. I have done every "fix" out there. I have...
  7. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  8. windows 10 shows printer installed but 'drivers unavailable'

windows 10 shows printer installed but 'drivers unavailable': windows 10 shows printer installed but 'drivers unavailable'. Have downloaded drivers, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shows-printer-installed-but-drivers/d26996c9-5bd3-402d-b3ed-48fd27fccb58
  9. Driver unavailable for HP ENVY 7640 printer

Driver unavailable for HP ENVY 7640 printer: I returned to New York from winter in Florida and discovered my HP Spectre Laptop no longer prints to my HP ENVY printer. The IPhones print, but not the laptop. When I go through all the recommended steps, the message always comes back that the driver is unavailable, How...
  10. Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable"

Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable": I'm doing tech support for a friend, I'm trying to help them fix their printer which suddenly went offline. They can still print from their iPhone, so I know the printer and network are in good shape. Also, I am far away from them, so I was assisting over screen sharing. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install printer driver HP

2. can not install hp printer