Windows 10: Unable to install HP printer

Discus and support Unable to install HP printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Acer 5741 with Windows 10. Back when I had Windows 7, I was able to use my HP Deskjet F4580 without problem. However, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garbanzhell, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Unable to install HP printer

Hello,

I have an Acer 5741 with Windows 10. Back when I had Windows 7, I was able to use my HP Deskjet F4580 without problem. However, when I try to install the printer, it always fails. I have tried using the driver installer from HP website (which fails in one of the steps after plugging in the printer USB cable) and also just plugging the printer to the computer to see if Windows was able to solve the issue (control panel --> devices and printers --> the detected printer --> solve problems of bad driver).

I don't know what to do anymore. Strangely, in another laptop with Windows 10 this printer works fine. So I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

:)

garbanzhell, Jul 6, 2016

2. Can't Install Updates

I continue receiving the following error message and am unable to install updates for my HP printer:

HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Error 0x80240017

WilliamShedrick, Jul 6, 2016
  3. CAhughes Win User
    Printing issue

Installed new HP printer, unable to print word document

CAhughes, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Unable to install HP printer

uninstall reboot and re intall the printer

gijoetech1, Jul 6, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Uninstall completely, do not replug it in.

Reboot once to complete removal of the SW.

Reboot again, then plug in and allow Windows to install a driver.

RWOne, Jul 6, 2016
  6. Those were some quick responses! But it is still useless. I uninstalled, rebooted, rebooted, installed, rebooted, and still nothing :S

garbanzhell, Jul 6, 2016
  7. bookfox Win User
    Maybe the USB port isn't working correctly after upgrading to Win 10? Have you tried connecting the printer wirelessly and then manually adding it through 'add a printer' in control panel?

bookfox, Jul 7, 2016
  8. Unable to install HP printer

Every HP printer I have worked poorly, if at all, under the default stuff that Win10 installed.

What worked in all cases was the following:
    1) Disconnect, turn off the printer
    2) Remove any software that MS installed for the printer
    3) Remove any drivers that MS installed for the printer
    4) Download and install the Win10 Full Feature Software from HP for the printer -- but leave the printer disconnected and/or turned off until the HP installer prompts for it
    5) Turn on/reconnect the printer
    6) When the installation is done, reboot.

Mark Phelps, Jul 7, 2016
  9. What is the difference between step 2 and step 3? I know how to "remove device" in the devices and printers section of control panel. But how do I find and uninstall the drivers? The HP Full Feature Software is not installed, though maybe some registry remnants are messing things up?

Thanks everyone! *Smile

garbanzhell, Jul 7, 2016
  10. brucepolk Win User
    First Uninstall the previous printer Driver. After uninstalling the software install the new printer driver from HP Printer official website or you can directly talk to HP Printer Technical Support Experts at Toll Free Number 1-888-924-5460. They will resolve your problem in Just a minute.

brucepolk, Oct 5, 2016
  11. spunk Win User
    1. With the printer attached, go to Start/Devices and Printers. If the printer is there, right click it and Remove Device.
    2. Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, If there is a printer setting, expand it, Right click your printer and Uninstall it.
    3. Go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Programs and Features, uninstall All HP Printer software.
    4. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end and Restart the computer.
    5. When the computer comes back do a search for any HP printer software. Especially in C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), Common Files, etc and delete these files. Empty Recycle Bin.
    6. Do not plug in USB cable into the computer yet.
    7. Go to HP driver site for your model HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
    download the driver and run it.
    8. During the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable, do not plug in the USB cable before it tells you to. Be sure to plug into a different USB port.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install HP printer

1. Unable to install HP printer - Similar Threads - Unable install printer

2. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  3. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  4. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Printer install: HP printers Installed and then always Error. We Can't install any HP printer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install/fb40139b-7566-46ca-b4bd-b0b9adb9cf3b
  5. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Printer install: HP printers Installed and then always Error. We Can't install any HP printer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install/fb40139b-7566-46ca-b4bd-b0b9adb9cf3b
  6. Hp Printer install

7. Unable to Use HP Printer

Unable to Use HP Printer: Prior to Windows 10 updates, I was able to use my HP DeskJet Pro 4100 Series printer. Now, I cannot and I am extremely frustrated. I have spent countless of weekends and some week days to get my HP printer back to the ability to use it. I am set up wireless, which the...
  8. Unable to install HP Printer software.

Unable to install HP Printer software.: I tried this resolution: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/DIFxAPI-dll-missing-HP-4520-Envy/m-p/6349689#M120857 Still getting the following error message call to driverpackageinstalll return error - 536870347 for package c:\program files...
  9. Unable to uninstall HP Printer app

Unable to uninstall HP Printer app: Hi, I've tried to uninstall my HP Officejet Pro8620 printer software but failed as during the process, the following error message came up:- Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error5 for package...
  10. Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

Unable to install HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.: I’m not able to install my HP Printer and when I check Devices & Printers in the Control Panel, instead of the device being shown as "Ready," it is shown as "Driver is unavailable." [ATTACH]...