Windows 10: Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809

Discus and support Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to add IE11 to my PC and the turn windows features on or off dialog closes with no action after i press OK. I added the optional feature via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lambros Vasiliou, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809

Trying to add IE11 to my PC and the turn windows features on or off dialog closes with no action after i press OK.

1. I added the optional feature via settings app
    2. opened turn windows features on or off and selected Internet Explorer 11
    3. Pressed OK the dialog closes and nothing happens

:)

Lambros Vasiliou, Jan 11, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 11, 2019
  4. denmarfl Win User

Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809

1. Unable to Install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Unable Install Internet

2. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  3. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  4. Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10: For the life of me I can't get Internet Explorer to open. It's not in the Windows Features, it's not in the list of updates, it's not in control panel or app programs, I can't install it as it's saying it's already installed. I tried running both regsvr32.exe “c:\program...
  5. Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10: For the life of me I can't get Internet Explorer to open. It's not in the Windows Features, it's not in the list of updates, it's not in control panel or app programs, I can't install it as it's saying it's already installed. I tried running both regsvr32.exe “c:\program...
  6. Unable to see and install Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to see and install Internet Explorer 11: I am on my Windows 10, and am not able to see IE 11 which I need to run Silverlight. All the downloads out there are for Windows 7 and they are not running on my Windows 10 system. I probably might have uninstalled IE 11 at some point. I need to access it back. Is there a way...
  7. Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 SAC 1809 & audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 SAC 1809 & audio playback: When I use Windows Media Player on Windows 10 SAC 1809 and am browsing the web using Internet Explorer or Edge certain sites (Facebook mainly, but there are others for a fact) degrade the audio experience massively - to the point that there is no point browsing the web using...
  8. Unable to install version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install version 1809: Using the Media Creation Tool I have tried several times to install V1809 but it fails in the same place every time. After the download and install it arrives at the lock screen and waits for me to log in. After login it says "we've got updates for you" I then get a screen...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  10. Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 is still included in Windows 10 along with Microsoft Edge. You cannot uninstall Internet Explorer since Internet Explorer is a Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer11 not working with windows 1809

2. unable to install internet explorer 11 windows 10

3. removed ie from settings in 1809 how to reinstall?

4. unable to install internet explorer 11,
  5. unable to install internet explorer,
  6. 1809 internet explorer,
  7. windows 1809 internet explorer,
  8. windows 10 1809 ie11,
  9. put ie on default start menu windows 10 1809,
  10. unable to install internet explorer on windows 10,
  11. unable to install windows explorer,
  12. internet explore 11 unable to install on windows 10,
  13. windows 10 1809 no ie,
  14. why cant I find internet explorer on win 10 1809 build,
  15. unable to install windows explorer on windows 10