Windows 10: Unable to install Lifecam 3.0 on Windows 10 Pro because of the compatability assistant

Discus and support Unable to install Lifecam 3.0 on Windows 10 Pro because of the compatability assistant in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My previous computer ran Windows 10 Pro X64 build 17763 and Lifecam 3.0 worked fine and dandy. My new PC runs on Windows 10 Pro X64 build 17134 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stephendixon2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Unable to install Lifecam 3.0 on Windows 10 Pro because of the compatability assistant

My previous computer ran Windows 10 Pro X64 build 17763 and Lifecam 3.0 worked fine and dandy.

My new PC runs on Windows 10 Pro X64 build 17134 and I cannot load the software for Lifecam 3.0 on this PC.

The compatability assistant rejects the installation every time. I have tried right clicking and running in compatability mode for previous versions but on every occasion the assistant rejects it.

I know it will work if I can just get past the compatibility assistant. I have tried disabling the assistant off by running services.msc

and then running gpedit.msc and enabling Turn off Program Compatability Assistant and Engine.

After rebooting and trying again the assistant still pops up and denies the installation.

I was considering buying a new webcam but hoew do I know which ones my ruddy awkward assistant likes?

I could invest in a new webcam only for the computer to say "No" again

:)

stephendixon2, Apr 11, 2019

2. Is LifeCam HD-3000 compatible with Windows 10?

Hi Ghaleb,

Currently LifeCam HD-3000 does not have driver update compatible with Windows 10 operating system. However, you can install the drivers of Windows 7 of the device and run the same in
    Compatibility mode on the computer.

You can download LifeCam HD-3000 drivers for
    Windows 7 OS from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/d/lifecam-hd-3000

There are two ways to install the device drivers in
    Compatibility mode
    . Follow the steps below to install the device drivers in
    Compatibility mode.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the driver setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows
    • Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article
      Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of LifeCam HD-3000 query on the PC in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 11, 2019
  3. LifeCam Setup 4.25 not installing on Windows 10

Hi,
    Thank you for posting in Microsoft community

I suggest you to Uninstall your current webcam and try to install 4.25 webcam,follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Uninstall 3.60 Life cam setup.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows logo key +X key.

2) Click Control panel

3) Click Programs

4) Click Programs and Features.

5)Right click on the program and Uninstall.

Step 2 : Install 4.25 Setup in Compatibility Mode.

The steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Note: I suggest you to refer the below link for further reference.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-studio

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with any issues with windows.

We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Unable to install Lifecam 3.0 on Windows 10 Pro because of the compatability assistant

Unable to install Citrix Receiver 4.3 on Surface Pro 3 Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to install
    Citrix Receiver 4.3 on Surface Pro 3, we will help you to resolve this issue

This issue is due to the compatibility of the app in Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the compatibility of the app in Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility Centre and try to install the compatible versions of the app.

Step 2: Follow the steps given below to Install Citrix receiver.

• Type Windows app store in the
      Search box from the desktop and select it.
    • Type Citrix receiver.
    • Click on Citrix receiver from Windows store and click on Install.
    I suggest you to install it in Compatibility mode on Windows 10.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows. To change compatibility settings
    manually for a program, right-click the program icon, click Properties, and then click the
    Compatibility tab.

To change compatibility settings manually for a program, right-click the program setup file (publisher pro 22), click
    Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab. Click on
    Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the Operating System (As you prefer).

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install Lifecam 3.0 on Windows 10 Pro because of the compatability assistant

1. Unable to install Lifecam 3.0 on Windows 10 Pro because of the compatability assistant - Similar Threads - Unable install Lifecam

2. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  3. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  4. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Program Compatibility Assistant gives me continuous alerts that "an app can't run on this device" but the alert doesn't say which app and all the apps I'm using are running fine. I've tried everything suggested in these forums to turn off this bothersome notification without...
  5. Is there a compatibility issue with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a compatibility issue with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?: Just wanted to check before I start the upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-compatibility-issue-with-installing/8372b754-c6b9-4f23-b579-7bed5c5a476f
  6. Microsoft Lifecam Studio Compatibility with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifecam Studio Compatibility with Windows 10: The device work well in Windows 10, but the seeting application is not compatible with Windows 10. When running Lifecam 3.60, WIndows 10 replied with notification "Lifecam can't run on Windows" with option to "Check for Update", but there is no update available. Ayyone...
  7. Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3: Hello everyone, I just got a new Surface Book 3 to replace an older 1st generation Book. I'm having problems running Nox Player on the new Surface Book 3, despite the program working perfectly on a desktop and the 1st generation Book. Every time I try to launch Nox...
  8. Microsoft Lifecam Windows 10 Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifecam Windows 10 Compatibility: Good Day: My system is as below: Dell Optiplex 3050 i5-7500 340GHz x64 16Gb RAM Windows 10 Pro 16Gb RAM Completely standard I've upgraded to Windows 10 and my Lifecam Cinema 1393 is not even recognized when I plug it in and I don't need to be purchasing a new cam...
  9. surface pro 3, lifecam software deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 3, lifecam software deleted: Hi there, I have deleted my front webcam accidentally on my surface pro 3, how or what is the best way to recover the software again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-lifecam-software-deleted/dc0ff670-d1d6-4df1-b0af-b8e5b5bec875
  10. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: ¿How to disable it? [img] [img] 3130

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mircrosoft lifecam 3.0