Windows 10: Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others

Discus and support Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Scroll down to the bottom of the page to try the beta tool: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums log collector v2-beta06.zip If... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jayjayuno, Dec 21, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to try the beta tool:

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

log collector v2-beta06.zip

If the above does not work please post that into the thread.

Then open administrative command prompt and copy and paste this whole command:

Code: md "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&wmic /output:"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hotfix.txt" qfe list full /format:table&copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFile[/quote]

zbook, Dec 26, 2017
  2. jayjayuno Win User

The beta was blocked as was the command line that I pasted.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>md "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&wmic /output:"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hotfix.txt" qfe list full /format:table&copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFile
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    Invalid file name.
    C:\WINDOWS\minidump\*.dmp
    0 file(s) copied.
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    ERROR: Unable to write to the file. There may be a disk or file system error.
    ERROR: Unable to write to the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

jayjayuno, Dec 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Dec 26, 2017
  4. jayjayuno Win User

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.125

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.125

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Local Disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    473344 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    6946 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    1706 reparse records processed.
    594774 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    1706 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    60716 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    37096888 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

498664447 KB total disk space.
    137455604 KB in 235752 files.
    166672 KB in 60717 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    599539 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    360442632 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    124666111 total allocation units on disk.
    90110658 allocation units available on disk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

jayjayuno, Dec 26, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Dec 26, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    If Defender's Controlled Folder Access is turned you can get results like that, check and turn it off if necessary.

Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

7. jayjayuno Win User
    Athough defender is turned off it still blocks anything from running

jayjayuno, Dec 26, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

See if you can get any of these commands to generate files to post into the thread?

In the left lower corner search type:
    1) dxdiag > open each tab > give it a few minutes to completely load > post a share link into the thread
    2) msinfo32 > save as nfo > post a share link into the thread

3) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste: Code: copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"[/quote] 4) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste: Code: md "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&wmic /output:"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hotfix.txt" qfe list full /format:table&copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Collected[/quote] 5) open administrative powershell and type or copy and paste:
    get-eventlog System > $env:homeDrive$env:homePath\Desktop\system.txt

6) Open administrative powershell and type or copy and paste:
    Get-EventLog system | Format-List > $env:homeDrive$env:homePath\Desktop\system.txt

zbook, Dec 26, 2017
  9. jayjayuno Win User
    Attached are the dxd and nfo files but none of the rest would run even with defender OFF.
    Just popped up with "Unauthorised changes blocked"
    Looks like a soft reinstall

jayjayuno, Dec 27, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    In post #3 the drivers for superantispyware were corrupt.
    Were you able to uninstall this software?

zbook, Dec 27, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
  12. jayjayuno Win User
    OK its gone now, what next

jayjayuno, Dec 27, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

zbook, Dec 27, 2017
  14. jayjayuno Win User
    bitdefender uninstall download is corrupted and wont run. ut see attachment

jayjayuno, Dec 27, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    These are still displayed as problems devices:

Code: SASKUTIL ROOT\LEGACY_SASKUTIL\0000 Failure using the VxD loader.SASDIFSV ROOT\LEGACY_SASDIFSV\0000 Failure using the VxD loader.[/quote]
    Code: Event[12684]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-12-27T18:23:09.643 Event ID: 219 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: TheBook Description: The driver \Driver\SASKUTIL failed to load for the device ROOT\LEGACY_SASKUTIL\0000. Event[12685]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-12-27T18:23:09.643 Event ID: 219 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: TheBook Description: The driver \Driver\SASDIFSV failed to load for the device ROOT\LEGACY_SASDIFSV\0000.[/quote]

zbook, Dec 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others - Similar Threads - Unable install Malwarebytes

2. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  4. Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10

Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10: Hi all, I’ve downloaded Malwarebytes to my windows 10 surface pro but can’t seem to install & run it. I go to the folder where its been downloaded then it takes me back to downloading it. Probably something simple step I’m overlooking. Any suggestions most welcome,...
  5. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  6. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  7. Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem

Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem: I had Malwarebytes Premium Installed until recently but, about 09 Sept, it seems to have become downgraded to the free version. I tried reinserting my Identifier and Key but these were not accepted. I then tried to reinstall the program from my Downloads folder but that has...
  8. Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?

Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?: Malwarebytes 3 offers many more protection settings now but are any of them known to conflict with other security programs? For example, Malwarebytes 3 has individual application protection and application hardening like DEP, anti-heap spraying enforcement etc for which I...
  9. Unable to re install malwarebytes

Unable to re install malwarebytes: Good day to all. Had an issue with desktop yesterday regarding Malwarebytes so decided to uninstall MB using revo uinstaller then run cleaner. Now to the crunch after restarting the pc tried to reinstall MB but failed a box came up on screen as per image Running the latest...
  10. Unable to connect to Malwarebytes server

Unable to connect to Malwarebytes server: I have three computers on the same network. All running Win 10 Pro. About 2 weeks ago two of the computers stopped getting updated from MWB. I tried manually updating but get an error message saying that it couldn't connect to the update server. I'm not sure if this...