Windows 10: Unable to install media feature pack 1809

Discus and support Unable to install media feature pack 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I used a Windows Installation Tool to install Windows fresh and at the same time I formatted both my storage units. One SSD and one HDD. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gurretzky, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Gurretzky Win User

Unable to install media feature pack 1809

Hi

I used a Windows Installation Tool to install Windows fresh and at the same time I formatted both my storage units. One SSD and one HDD. I am using Windows Home 10 N. When I tried to install the media feature pack it says that the update can not be applied to the computer. The latest version I can access at Microsoft is 1803 but my Windows version is 1809. Please help!

Best regards, Eric Gustafsson

Edit: Changed unit to units.

:)

Gurretzky, Oct 13, 2018
  2. procras Win User

Problem with Media Feature Pack.

When I follow these steps Media Features are not listed, despite having downloaded and installed the Windows Media Feature Pack! Please help! Can't install GTA: V! Aaaargh!

procras, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Unable to install Windows Media Feature Pack correctly

As the title says, I'm unable to install the Media Feature Pack on my Windows 10 Pro N machine. I've downloaded it directly from Microsoft ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=48231 ) and startet it, but when I open the Control Panel
    and browse to Programs->Enable/Disable Windows Features, media player features are missing entirely from the list.

Furthermore, when I open (the new) Settings->Updates and browse to see the installed updates the Feature Pack for Windows (KB3010081) is shown. However, when I click on deinstall updates I see a new update list (in the old Control Panel) und the Feature
    Pack is again missing...

Do you know any way to install the Media Feature Pack properly?

FYI: It was working fine before the big november update.

Edit: Apparently Windows 10 November Edition needs a different Media Feature Pack than the normal Windows 10.

The right version can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3099229

d3nnycr4n3, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Unable to install media feature pack 1809

Problem with Media Feature Pack.

I seem to be running into similair issues. After the update, features reliant on the Media Pack stopped functioning correctly, so I reinstalled the pack, which did not have any effect. After following your steps, I noticed that the Media Feature Pack was
    not even listed as a feature on my PC. Further help would be highly appreciated!

(Windows 10 Pro N 64-Bit)

Pure Drive GT, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install media feature pack 1809

1. Unable to install media feature pack 1809 - Similar Threads - Unable install media

2. Installing Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Media Feature Pack: Hi, I have some issues when installing Media Feature Pack.I am following these guides -...
  3. Installing Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Media Feature Pack: Hi, I have some issues when installing Media Feature Pack.I am following these guides -...
  4. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  5. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  6. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unable to install Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack: I have a Surface Pro 7 Win 10 20H2I followed this instruction but the option is not show uphttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-october-2020-2f992f23-1fca-60a3-9907-fd4fe896a8a7...
  8. installing media feature pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing media feature pack: installing media feature pack from settings, takes too long , windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-media-feature-pack/4239934f-55d1-4184-b557-9e11846f4570
  9. Unable to install Media feature pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install Media feature pack: I've tried installing the Media feature pack, but without luck. On the optional features it'll tell me the install failed. Downloading it also fails with a "The update is not applicable to your computer". Customer support doesn't help out too much. My specs: Windows 10...
  10. unable to install media feature pack and BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install media feature pack and BIOS: I am using windows 10 pro N 1903 version, the issue is I can't install Microsoft media features pack and the bios driver. whenever I want to play some online video it asks me for a media features pack. please help me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media feature pack 1809

2. media feature pack 1809 doesnt install

3. media feature pack windows 10 1809

4. windows media feature pack 1809,
  5. 1809 media pack,
  6. 1809 media feature pack,
  7. media feature pack update is not applicable version 1809 wont work on windows 10 1809,
  8. what media feature pack do i install for wondows 10 1809,
  9. can not download media feature pack 1809,
  10. windows 10 media feature pack 1809 installation,
  11. windows media feature pack,
  12. windows media pack 1809 not suitable for my pc,
  13. desinstaller media feature pack 1809,
  14. installation issue installing media feature pack on 1809,
  15. windows 10n 1809 media player doesnt run