Windows 10: Unable to Install Microsoft Game Services Game Pass - Error 0x87E10BCF

Discus and support Unable to Install Microsoft Game Services Game Pass - Error 0x87E10BCF in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After initiating a download of Microsoft Gamepass from the Microsoft Store app, the download will show "Acquiring License". Immediately after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DuncanWalser, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Unable to Install Microsoft Game Services Game Pass - Error 0x87E10BCF

After initiating a download of Microsoft Gamepass from the Microsoft Store app, the download will show "Acquiring License". Immediately after that message, I'm presented with Error 0x87E10BCF. My version of Windows 10 is currently activated, so I can't figure out what's wrong.

:)

DuncanWalser, Sep 10, 2020

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Game Pass Games Don't Install

Hi,

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to solve this issue. Xbox Game Pass games (like Gears of War 5) which require "Administrator Approval" fail to install with code 0x800700c1.

I have tried just about everything you could imagine.

Install game through Windows Store

Reinstall Xbox Game Pass

Enable UAC

Windows Updates

Make new User account

Change user account settings

Windows Upgrade tool

Changed a bunch of windows settings

Played around with some folder, file, and registry permissions

Reinstalled Windows

etc

What I have noticed is that before installing an "Administrator Approval" game, the Xbox App (or Windows Store) tries to install "Gaming Services." I believe that this is the component that is failing.

When installing Gaming Services through the Xbox App it fails with the same error 0x800700c1

When installing Gaming Services through the Windows Store it "succeeds" (suspiciously downloads and installs really fast) and then the games give the error 0x800700c1. Looking at Windows Services and tasks, I never see "Gaming Services" running. (yes, I
    have tried this troubleshooting guide many, many times: Xbox Support)

Please let me know if you have any ideas

Scapegoat_167, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Unable to Install Microsoft Game Services Game Pass - Error 0x87E10BCF

PC game pass

Hi NLH1

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

I can suggest the following directly from the xbox support page

Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10

RESTART YOUR PC

As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

ERROR MESSAGE

If there’s a download error, first try downloading again.

If the installation keeps failing, in most cases you’ll see an error code with a message. These are generally 10-character codes that start with “0x.” For example, 0xC03F7003.

FOR GAME PASS GAMES, CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR PLAN

To install games from Xbox Game Pass, you must have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) plan.

Make sure you’re signed in to Microsoft Store and/or the Xbox (Beta) app—whichever you’re installing from.

Make sure your Xbox Game Pass membership is current by signing in and checking the status.

Make sure your PC is online. If needed, see Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Source>>
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/t...

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Install Microsoft Game Services Game Pass - Error 0x87E10BCF

1. Unable to Install Microsoft Game Services Game Pass - Error 0x87E10BCF - Similar Threads - Unable Install Microsoft

2. unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass: unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass i have tried remove-appxPackage ive tried an sfc /scannow nothing helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-gaming-services-so-cant-install/4134e81f-9335-44f7-8da3-dd14b150fdfc
  3. unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass: unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass i have tried remove-appxPackage ive tried an sfc /scannow nothing helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-gaming-services-so-cant-install/4134e81f-9335-44f7-8da3-dd14b150fdfc
  4. unable to install gaming services so cant install xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Gaming Services unable to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services unable to install: Recently i got my sister the xbox game pass ultimate so she could play dreamlight valley on her laptop but for some reason i absolutely cannot get gaming services to install. At first we would get an error in the xbox app when trying to sign in saying something about an...
  6. Gaming Services unable to install

Gaming Services unable to install: Recently i got my sister the xbox game pass ultimate so she could play dreamlight valley on her laptop but for some reason i absolutely cannot get gaming services to install. At first we would get an error in the xbox app when trying to sign in saying something about an...
  7. Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services: I recently was playing Halo Infinite. I ended my session and shut down my computer - I noticed an update was going to install at shutdown. I come back a bit later and start up my computer. Now when I try to launch Halo Infinite, I get directed to the Microsoft Store - Gaming...
  8. Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services

Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services: I recently was playing Halo Infinite. I ended my session and shut down my computer - I noticed an update was going to install at shutdown. I come back a bit later and start up my computer. Now when I try to launch Halo Infinite, I get directed to the Microsoft Store - Gaming...
  9. I received an error 0x87E10BCF when was installing Microsoft Game Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I received an error 0x87E10BCF when was installing Microsoft Game Services: I went to the Microsoft Store app to download Microsoft Gamepass. But I was required a license with an error 0x87E10BCF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-error-0x87e10bcf-when-was-installing/3cb7b573-0953-448c-b789-61ee3186c749
  10. Problem installing game purchased in microsoft store error Code: 0x87E10BCF

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing game purchased in microsoft store error Code: 0x87E10BCF: I recently purchased Sea of thieves through the store and whenever I try to start the download it attempts to acquire licence and says It couldn't install and will try again shortly. I bought windows 10 for the sole reason of playing this game and have tried a plethora of...
Tags: