Windows 10: Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox.

Discus and support Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all - I purchased a PC this year for my birthday and I have been having loads of fun. I own Minecraft Java Edition and I also own Minecraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lachlan Goffage, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox.

Hi all -

I purchased a PC this year for my birthday and I have been having loads of fun.

I own Minecraft Java Edition and I also own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition....

However, whenever I try to install MC Windows 10, it says that it is owned, and when I click on install on devices, it says I have no linked accounts, although in my Microsoft Account, my very very old laptop, Xbox and new PC is all linked up.

What's with this and how can I solve this? Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox. 1912c736-2a69-4e1f-83b1-d96fb6a606bb?upload=true.png Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox. 582cec1d-74d3-40a1-8603-2af991c43de7?upload=true.png Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox. a1aaad14-c8bc-4d56-8aec-68200a57e317?upload=true.png

:)

Lachlan Goffage, Nov 20, 2020

2. Minecraft from xbox to pc

So I just downloaded minecraft on my xbox but for some reason it's not showing up in my games in the play store on my pc. I can play it on xbox and according to the mojang website, I should be able to play it on both my xbox and my pc. These are the steps
    that it says to take:

For Windows10:

1. Using your Microsoft account, sign into the PC where you want to install your games.
    2. Click on the three dots in the Windows Store next to your profile pic.
    3. Go to My Library. If you already own the game, you can download it from there.

PenguinFoop, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Unable to sign in Xbox account on Minecraft in iOS

Hi,

There are different factors that we have to take into consideration on why you are unable to sign in using your Microsoft account
    in Minecraft on iOS . Let's gather the following information so we can gain a better grasp of your case:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you trying to sign in your account on Xbox app or Xbox.com?
    • Is this happening on a specific account only?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try using a different account to sign in on your iPad and see if the same issue persists. If the issue does not happen on the new profile, there could be some broken system components on your old profile.

We will be waiting on your response.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox.

Unable to install Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “when I click "Install/Play" nothing happens” which Install/play button are you referring?
    • From where did you purchase Minecraft Starter Edition?
    • For which platform have you purchased the game i.e. for Windows 10 or Xbox?

If you have purchased the game from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, you can download the game from Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type
      Microsoft Store
    2. Double click on the Store Icon to open it.
    3. Sign in with the same Microsoft account through which you have made the purchase.
    4. Click on Search bar on the top right corner and search for
      Minecraft Starter Edition.
    5. Click on Install button to install the game. Once the game is installed, you will find the option to launch it. Click on
      Launch to launch the game.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox.

1. Unable to install Minecraft, although its been owned on my previous Xbox. - Similar Threads - Unable install Minecraft

2. KB5032197 Installed on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5032197 Installed on its own: I work in a segregated environment and after applying the December cumulative KB5033372 the windows 10 22H2 workstations are reporting that KB5032197 also got installed. Is there a way I can verify where KB5032197 came from? Thank you!...
  3. KB5032197 Installed on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5032197 Installed on its own: I work in a segregated environment and after applying the December cumulative KB5033372 the windows 10 22H2 workstations are reporting that KB5032197 also got installed. Is there a way I can verify where KB5032197 came from? Thank you!...
  4. KB5032197 Installed on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to install windows on a previously owned company laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install windows on a previously owned company laptop.: HiI have purchased a laptop 2nd hand and wished to reinstall windows with my own Product Key; the thing is…. I’ve tried formatting the SSD, delete all partitions and then attempted to install windows … with no success …. The installation starts but following the "Getting...
  6. Unable to install windows on a previously owned company laptop.

Unable to install windows on a previously owned company laptop.: HiI have purchased a laptop 2nd hand and wished to reinstall windows with my own Product Key; the thing is…. I’ve tried formatting the SSD, delete all partitions and then attempted to install windows … with no success …. The installation starts but following the "Getting...
  7. Unable to install a play anywhere game I own on xbox on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install a play anywhere game I own on xbox on my PC.: I'm having trouble installing State of decay 2 which I own on my xbox one account and is a play anywhere supported game on my pc. In the Microsoft store, It tells me "You own this game" with a blue checkmark and a "install" button next to it.. However when hovering over the...
  8. Unable to install a play anywhere game I own on xbox on my PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install a play anywhere game I own on xbox on my PC.: I'm having trouble installing State of decay 2 which I own on my xbox one account and is a play anywhere supported game on my pc. In the Microsoft store, It tells me "You own this game" with a blue checkmark and a "install" button next to it.. However when hovering over the...
  9. Unable to install a play anywhere game I own on xbox on my PC.

10. Xbox game bar opens on its own

Xbox game bar opens on its own: I have a problem with the Xbox game overlay the menu that is opened with Win+G. When doing anything on my pc it randomly opens it's not too frequent, but very annoying as it can prevent you from acting in a game. I had the problem on my old HDD, and i thought reinstalling...