Windows 10: Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just purchased the Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection and am unable to install it. When viewing the pack and/or the game itself from within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Trucoyman, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Trucoyman Win User

Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

I have just purchased the Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection and am unable to install it. When viewing the pack and/or the game itself from within my game library it appears as though i able able to download it how ever when I click the install button the install and '...' button disappear. The window has some times frozen up after clicking and other time the button just disappears and allows me to continue. However when I go to a different section in my library (eg 'ready to install') and then return to the "all owned" tab the install button has returned and nothing has happened. Neither the Game itself or the pack appear in my "ready to download" as well. Also when viewing the game directly from the store the it says "you own this game" and when I click install nothing happens. Before attempting some fixes the button was fully greyed out and not clickable. how ever now the install button is not greyed out but clicking it does nothing.

that is the scenario and now onto the fixes i have attempted

I have tried to go through the Xbox app (beta) to download it but when i attempt to do so it says i must install 'gaming services' and when clicked it appears to begin to have begun downloading but nothing changes the download doesn't actually start. so I assumed it was due to the Xbox up and attempted signing out and restarting both the app and my computer dozens of times. I then attempted the same for the Microsoft store dozens of times and nothing changed. I then followed the steps outlined in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-Jrr3WfI8

it involves using the command msreset and typing setting changes into command prompt and power shell. even that didn't work.

I am completely lost please help me.

Also feel free to question my wording of certain sentences as it is currently 1am and I doubt everything I just typed makes sense.

thank you for your time I hope the information provided is enough to describe my situation

***Modified title from: I am unable to install from the Microsoft store***

:)

Trucoyman, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to install Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “when I click "Install/Play" nothing happens” which Install/play button are you referring?
    • From where did you purchase Minecraft Starter Edition?
    • For which platform have you purchased the game i.e. for Windows 10 or Xbox?

If you have purchased the game from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, you can download the game from Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type
      Microsoft Store
    2. Double click on the Store Icon to open it.
    3. Sign in with the same Microsoft account through which you have made the purchase.
    4. Click on Search bar on the top right corner and search for
      Minecraft Starter Edition.
    5. Click on Install button to install the game. Once the game is installed, you will find the option to launch it. Click on
      Launch to launch the game.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2019
  3. minecraft windows 10 not installing?

Hi Xpsychonauticon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the game doesn't get installed as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the issue specific to this game?
    3. Are you referring to Minecraft app from Windows Store?
    4. Are you able to install other apps from the Microsoft Store?
    5. Are you able to uninstall the app?

However, let us follow these methods and check if that makes any difference.

Method 1: If your answer to the Q-5 is No, then suggest you to follow the steps from this article to

fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    . Once the steps are done, remember to restart the PC.

Method 2: To uninstall the app that is downloaded from the Microsoft Store, refer to the steps from this article.

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-uninstall-reinstall-game-windows-10

Further, suggest you to ensure that the correct Microsoft account is used. To do this follow the steps provided by
    Shafeeq_Khan’ from this thread to check if that works
    for you.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are unable to install the Minecraft for Windows 10. One of which is having a corrupted profile. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the same concern with your other games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • When did the issue start?
    • What are he troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Reset Store Cache.

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

1. Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable install Minecraft

2. Minecraft wont install from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft wont install from microsoft store: I bought minecraft for windows starter pack from the store and then when I clicked install it looked like it was loading then went to download for a second and reverts back to install like I hadn't pressed it at all. I've made sure my PC is all updated and I've got plenty of...
  3. Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 a while back and now I want to install it on my computer. I uninstalled it because it stopped working and troubleshooting doesn't help. Now, when I try to install it, the "Install" button won't work. Nothing happens when I click it. Sometimes...
  4. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: Hello, I found the 3 dots next to my profile that all instructions say the library is located, but the library is not there for me. I am trying to download my copy of Minecraft on my new PC, but its not there. Can someone help me figure out how to do so? I have the...
  5. Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I am trying to install Minecraft from my Microsoft store account but get the error code - 0x803fb005. I have followed EVERY suggested way of fixing this problem from many different forums I dont seem to be alone however nothing has worked. My husband who works in IT so...
  6. Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store: I have been trying to install Minecraft for Windows 10 onto my laptop from the Microsoft store, but it doesn't work. It says I own the game, but the install button is fade and does nothing. Whenever the mouse goes over it, it turns into a "no sign". It just doesn't do...
  7. Microsoft Store will NOT install Minecraft for Windows 10

Microsoft Store will NOT install Minecraft for Windows 10: I have tried everything. Reset the store. CMD commands. Powershell commands. I have tried it all but nothing I do seems to allow me to download via the Microsoft store. Every time I try it gets held up at the Stating Download phase and never moves past this. Is there...
  8. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: Hello, I recently bought the game Minecraft and for some reason the download in Microsoft store does not start. It looks like it starts but seems to be stuck at 0%. I Googled the problem and tried multiple fixes and none worked. Now I am just annoyed and want my money...
  9. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: After a confusing couple minutes I decided to purchase Minecraft windows 10 edition from the Microsoft store, against my better judgment. Not to surprise, after I purchase the game I try to download, except it wont let me. Says I own the game and I am using a valid...
  10. unable to install from microsoft store

unable to install from microsoft store: Please help. I have tried everything, even had an expert look at my laptop. I am unable to install apps from microsoft store. It only allows me to download apps. I have tried wiping my computer, reinstall windows 1803....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install from microsoft store windows 10

2. unable to install minecraft from ms store