Windows 10: Unable to install Minecraft

Discus and support Unable to install Minecraft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I downloaded and bought Minecraft earlier today, but it is not installing at all. It keeps coming up with “It looks like you dont have any applicable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by philips4, Mar 31, 2020.

1. philips4 Win User

Unable to install Minecraft

I downloaded and bought Minecraft earlier today, but it is not installing at all. It keeps coming up with “It looks like you dont have any applicable devices liked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.” when my laptop is very much signed into my Microsoft account. It is not due to my laptop being not up to date because I have already updated it to the latest version of Windows 10. Also I only have one device that has my Microsoft account logged into so I don’t think it is because of a multiple accounts issue. Someone please help I do not know what is wrong.

:)

philips4, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “when I click "Install/Play" nothing happens” which Install/play button are you referring?
    • From where did you purchase Minecraft Starter Edition?
    • For which platform have you purchased the game i.e. for Windows 10 or Xbox?

If you have purchased the game from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, you can download the game from Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type
      Microsoft Store
    2. Double click on the Store Icon to open it.
    3. Sign in with the same Microsoft account through which you have made the purchase.
    4. Click on Search bar on the top right corner and search for
      Minecraft Starter Edition.
    5. Click on Install button to install the game. Once the game is installed, you will find the option to launch it. Click on
      Launch to launch the game.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Unable to install Minecraft

Unable to open Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you using Minecraft app downloaded from Store or Minecraft program?
    • Do you receive any error?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft and check if that fixes the issue.

Also try to download and install the display and chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to install Minecraft - Similar Threads - Unable install Minecraft

2. Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher: I bought the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC bundle, and tried downloading the Minecraft Launcher from the MinecraftInstaller.exe file, but accidentally clicked "No" when asked to give permissions to the installer. From then on, I always got the error code...
  3. Unable to install minecraft trial

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install minecraft trial: I go to microsoft store logged out and search "Minecraft for windows"The app shows up with an option called "Free Trial"Then, it asks me to log in to my microsoft accountAfter I login, the Free Trial is just gone.Please suggest methods to fix.If I open the Xbox app and search...
  4. Unable to install minecraft trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install minecraft trial: I go to microsoft store logged out and search "Minecraft for windows"The app shows up with an option called "Free Trial"Then, it asks me to log in to my microsoft accountAfter I login, the Free Trial is just gone.Please suggest methods to fix.If I open the Xbox app and search...
  5. Unable to install minecraft trial

6. unable to install minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install minecraft: I purchased the PC version of the Minecraft.I am able to locate my PC under My Devices, however, Minecraft install is not finding my device. The message when I select 'Install on my Device' is: "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft...
  7. Unable to re-install Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to re-install Minecraft: I'm trying to re-install Minecraft after a complete re-do of the computer and re-installation of Windows 10. The game shows up in my Microsoft account that I own it. But when I click on reinstall, it says Thanks! We're trying to install this on your computer, and then...
  8. Unable to install Minecraft game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft game: So i bought a copy of minecraft, and I saw that people are getting help for it here since microsoft owns it now. This is my only option left since the dedicated microsoft support staff for the game are ignoring my tickets and requests. I bought the game and it wont give it to...
  9. unable to install minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to install minecraft: after i purchased minecraft i went to my library to install it onto my computer but i get a pop up that says you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account to install to and it does not give clear steps to being able to install it...
  10. Unable to install Minecraft

Unable to install Minecraft: So I bought minecraft starter edition but when i click "Install/Play" nothing happens. Someone please help ***Modified title from: I can't Install minecraft***...