Windows 10: Unable to install MS Office 2016 after download from Microsoft

Discus and support Unable to install MS Office 2016 after download from Microsoft in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've downloaded MS Office 2016 from Office saving to a file on my Hard Drive Setup.x86.en-US_ProPlusRetail_?????-?????-?????-?????-?????_TX_PR_.exe... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by albert1, Sep 24, 2019.

1. albert1 Win User

Unable to install MS Office 2016 after download from Microsoft

I've downloaded MS Office 2016 from Office saving to a file on my Hard Drive

Setup.x86.en-US_ProPlusRetail_?????-?????-?????-?????-?????_TX_PR_.exe

I'm trying to install onto a HP Laptop running a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.

However I think something became messed up with earlier attempts to download and install .. as some of the previous downloads failed, what was saved to the hd I ran and I think a version of Office Live was installed which is a web based MS Office.

I've attempted to remove any past MS Office installation using a MS recovery tool without success. I was getting errors that a MS Office installation was already running.

After ending all MS Office Processes I'm still unable to install MS Office 2016 onto the HP Laptop. (running Windows 10).

Currently the installation is stuck on a red box and then a white box with Office logos, stating that it's installing Office.

Goes no where. I'm wondering how to completely start over as a fresh installation?

The SetupProd_offScrub tool that's suppose to clean past installs, doesn't work.

:)

albert1, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Scott Win User

Unable to install Microsoft office 2016 professional plus

I have a similar problem where a Office Professional Plus 2016 32-bit version has failed to install and is still unresolved. Here are my steps and the additional links from Microsoft which may work for you (but which have still not resolved my own problem)

Office 2016 Installation problem

Installing on a Windows 10 Desktop 8gm Rm running Office 2010 32-bit.

Microsoft advised us to first uninstall our old Office 2010 before installing the new Office 2016 program. Our Office 2010 had run well for 6 years, but that is when the installation problem began.

When trying to install the OFFICE 2016 32-bit package, it quickly stops with the following error:

When clearing that error, it always shows second error:

We researched blogs and found this problem to be very common whenever an older Office version was uninstalled prior to installing Office 2016, and we followed all the following suggestions (with full reboots each time).

1. RAN SFC on drive C: and found no errors.
    2. Ran RUN %ProgramData% and renamed Office.help to Office.Help.Old
    3. Ran the MS Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
    4. Ran a Clean Boot.
    5. Ran Control Panel - in startup found Windows Installer was on and set for Manual.
    6. Went back to VLSC site 6 more times and downloaded a fresh Office 2016 (32-bit version) in case any files were corrupt, but I still got the same install messages.

Below are links to Microsoft that have worked for some, but not all, users. I believe Using Windows 10 UNIVSTALL (before) running the Office 2016 ISO file either removes an important registry entry, or inserts one that causes the new install to fail. Hopefully one of these will help you.

Microsoft Links

Scott, Sep 24, 2019
  3. albert1 Win User

I've downloaded MS Office 2016 from Office saving to a file on my Hard Drive

Setup.x86.en-US_ProPlusRetail_?????-?????-?????-?????-?????_TX_PR_.exe

I'm trying to install onto a HP Laptop running a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.

However I think something became messed up with earlier attempts to download and install .. as some of the previous downloads failed, what was saved to the hd I ran and I think a version of Office Live was installed which is a web based MS Office.

I've attempted to remove any past MS Office installation using a MS recovery tool without success. I was getting errors that a MS Office installation was already running.

After ending all MS Office Processes I'm still unable to install MS Office 2016 onto the HP Laptop. (running Windows 10).

Currently the installation is stuck on a red box and then a white box with Office logos, stating that it's installing Office.

Goes no where. I'm wondering how to completely start over as a fresh installation?

The SetupProd_offScrub tool that's suppose to clean past installs, doesn't work.

albert1, Sep 24, 2019
  4. albert1 Win User

I did try downloading and installing the MS recovery tool That's called Microsoft and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 - outlookdiagnostics.azureedge.net

After running the recovery tool there was a message no version of Office could be found installed.

I think what happened is when an incomplete download of MS office was created Microsoft installed Office Live which is a web based version of MS Office.

However the HP Laptop running Windows 10 "Home" has not MS Office "Live" that I'm able to detect. It shows there to be no MS Office installed.

I can perhaps go into safe mode and revert the registry and OS back to before attempting to install MS Office with failed downloads. i.e. to try and revert the OS and registry back to where the HP laptop was when I received it with a fresh installation of Windows 10 "Home".

However this seems to be futile as the OS's "System Restore" is reporting no restore points have been created.

Currently while trying to install MS Office 2016 from the file downloaded from MS website the installation hangs and does nothing and there is no evidence that MS Office was ever installed. So the OS isn't aware of any MS Office installation whether it's a live or another version.

Apparently something became messed up when I first tried to installed MS Office from incomplete and/or bad downloads where apparently MS Office "live" may have been installed of which there is nothing indicating it was ever installed.

I suppose I can try to install MS Office Live then uninstall it to see if it makes any difference.

I've been installing versions of Windows for a very long time since version 1.x and with each new version some things may remain the same while other things there are changes.

I currently don't want to perform a fresh installation of Windows 10 until I've exhausted other avenues to install MS Office 2016 which I need because I've been using MS Outlook for many years. I don't like the Windows Mail that's now included with Windows. I'm uncertain why MS removed Outlook and Outlook Express? Windows Vista use to include a version of Windows Mail that with similar feature of Outlook.

The newer mail clients imo are crippled versions of an e-mail client. I've tried various 3rd party e-mail clients but all i've used where lacking things found in Outlook which I've been using since before version 97/98.

albert1, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install MS Office 2016 after download from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Unable install Office

2. Ms office pro 64 2016 ISO download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms office pro 64 2016 ISO download: Due to a bug in my Windows 10 Pro causing all the menus scrolling, I will have to reinstall Win 10 and MS Office Pro 64bit 2016. The problem is that I can’t find the office download. I don’t need an updated version, and already on this key....
  3. Ms office pro 64 2016 ISO download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms office pro 64 2016 ISO download: Due to a bug in my Windows 10 Pro causing all the menus scrolling, I will have to reinstall Win 10 and MS Office Pro 64bit 2016. The problem is that I can’t find the office download. I don’t need an updated version, and already on this key....
  4. Ms office pro 64 2016 ISO download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need the installer or download for Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need the installer or download for Office 2016: In 2018 I bought a license for Office 2016 from an Ebay vendor. I did not make an installer on a Flash drive nor an ISO file. I simply downloaded, installed, and applied the activation key. Now in November of 2020 is there any place to obtain the download or installer for...
  6. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  7. MS Office 2016

MS Office 2016: Where can I download Office Pro Plus 2016. I Have it and have Key for it but takes a long time to download. want to have Disk Image of it. 140675
  8. MS office Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS office Excel 2016: How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-excel-2016/1465ff54-f342-4038-85bf-30d61a970d98
  9. Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?

Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?: Hello, I purchased a "Microsoft Office Professional 2016 BRAND NEW Genuine w/USB 2PC Install" that came in a sealed Microsoft envelope with a Microsoft USB thumb drive and MS Office 2016 activation Key for 2 pcs. Each activation key in this MS Office 2016 product is...
  10. MS Office 2016 installation problems

MS Office 2016 installation problems: Hello, I'm running a PC with Windows 10 64-bit installed. I purchased a new copy of Microsoft Office 2016 to upgrade the installed Microsoft Office 2007. I think I made a mistake of not first uninstalling Office 2007 before installation of Office 2016 as ended up running...