Windows 10: Unable to install my printer drivers

Discus and support Unable to install my printer drivers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After I restored my pc due to getting the blue screen, all is well, except that I can't install my Brother printer drivers! It says Windows protected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sepi2008, Feb 19, 2021.

1. sepi2008 Win User

Unable to install my printer drivers

After I restored my pc due to getting the blue screen, all is well, except that I can't install my Brother printer drivers!

It says Windows protected your PC, Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. Then there is a place I can click on more information, or a button to say Don't run!

When I click on more info, it gives me the name of my driver's executable, and publisher unknown.

I have added the executable to programs allowed to go through the firewall, I've disabled the Firewall, I've disabled my anti virus program, and it keeps coming back with the same error message!

I really need to print and this is not working!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

sepi2008, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Unable to install printer drivers on Windows10 64bit Pro

Hi Grey,

It is possible that you're unable to install printer drivers due to compatibility issue or corrupted drivers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since you've mentioned that you've followed a dozen suggestions, what are those troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot printer problems
    in Windows 10. You can expand each section and perform the instructions which you're not yet done.

Additionally, you may also check the information shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread about how to determine if you're computer is compatible
    with Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 19, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Virtual Pdf Printer Driver Won't install and Fixes won't work

You might be able, if needed, to get the old version, here at oldapps web site (disclaimer: I do not vouch for this site... check any and downloads with your fav malware/antivirus apps): Old Version of PrimoPDF for Windows XP

PrimoPDF forums are down it seems... however, I found this at PCReview forums, quote from "Unable to Install "Software" Printers":

Same solution on MSDN thread, "cannot install printer driver in XP Embedded":

95Viper, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Unable to install my printer drivers

Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Unable to install my printer drivers

1. Unable to install my printer drivers - Similar Threads - Unable install printer

2. Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC: My Ricoh SP112 DDST Printer stopped working in the middle of a job. Tried everything to work including rebooting, and as a last resort uninstalled the Printer Driver to re-instal. Failed to install driver r64399L13, size 9.35 MB, 27 unzipped files on PC Windows 10 64 Bit. No...
  3. Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC: My Ricoh SP112 DDST Printer stopped working in the middle of a job. Tried everything to work including rebooting, and as a last resort uninstalled the Printer Driver to re-instal. Failed to install driver r64399L13, size 9.35 MB, 27 unzipped files on PC Windows 10 64 Bit. No...
  4. Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install printer drivers

Unable to install printer drivers: I recently changed my old hard drive to a ssd drive and installed Windows fresh.I'm having difficulty installing my Brother printer drivers. I've searched the web for this problem and didn't find anything useful! I download the driver file and when I run as administrator,...
  6. able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows

able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows: I am using an 11 year old Toshiba Laptop that was originally running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. It ran win10 previously in 2016, but the system had an HDD issue that resulted in me having to doing a factory restore. I upgraded the system once again because I needed to use my...
  7. Unable to install printer driver

Unable to install printer driver: Unable to install legacy printer - Brother MFC-9700 onto Windows 10 64 bit. The Brother site says that "The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating System or is available through Windows® update." It does not. Going through device manager and trying to...
  8. Unable to install printer drivers, please help!

Unable to install printer drivers, please help!: My mother bought me this new HP computer just under a year ago. I have been unable to download ANY printer drivers since the day I set up the computer. I've done every single walk-through I could find on troubleshooting the print spooler, as I get the message that the driver...
  9. Unable to install the Printer drivers on Windows 10

Unable to install the Printer drivers on Windows 10: I have two printers---Brother MFC7860DW and Brother MFC 7360N. I downloaded the printer drivers for each. I ran each program to install. During the installation, it asked if I wanted to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I chose the USB connection and...
  10. Windows found driver but unable to install - for my printer

Windows found driver but unable to install - for my printer: My printer wasn't showing up when I tried to print, so I went to settings and it said that the driver was unavailable. After downloading drivers off of the HP website 5,000 times and it still not working, I went into device manager and tried to update my drivers from there,...