Windows 10: Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to install the .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 10 box. I tried enabling it through Programs and Features, I tried enabling and installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by uvdevnull, Aug 20, 2015.

1. uvdevnull Win User

Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10

I am unable to install the .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 10 box. I tried enabling it through Programs and Features, I tried enabling and installing through DISM, I tried SFC /scannow. Everything is failing. Mostly I get error code 0x800736B3 saying that "The referenced assembly is not installed on your system". Sometimes I get Error 14003. I obviously need .NET due to many apps needing it to run. This is a brand new system. What can I try?

Thanks guys,
    Peter

:)

uvdevnull, Aug 20, 2015
  2. DineshOne Win User

unexpected error occurred while troubleshooting

Upgraded to 1607 but unable to get .Net framework 3.5 windows update as it is required , when tried to install .Net 3.5 framework.

Why windows update is required for installing .Net framework 3.5?

DineshOne, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Ask about Including .net framework 3.5 on Windows 10 Installation

Dear Microsoft Corporation, i have a question about .net framework 3.5 . "Why .net framework 3.5 not include on Windows 10 instalation ?" I must install it after install windows 10 on my PC. And i have experience about this problem, in my country majority
    windows user dont know what is .net framework . I hope microsoft hear me and windows 10 on next build included .net framework 3.5 after install windows 10, thanks.

Geraldine Adi, Aug 20, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 20, 2015
  5. uvdevnull Win User
    uvdevnull, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Don't know if it makes a difference but, you could try invoking it from Settings►System►Apps & features►Manage optional features►Add a feature.

Edwin, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    Can you define for me what you mean when you say: "A brand new system"

Is it a fresh installation of Windows 10, or a freshly upgraded Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows?
    Is this a brand new computer that came preinstalled with Windows 10?

Hopefully I can help if I can understand exactly what state your OS is in.

Hydranix, Aug 20, 2015
  8. uvdevnull Win User

It's a fresh install, not upgrade. The computer did not come with Windows 10, I installed it myself, wiping the existing Windows 7 install.

uvdevnull, Aug 20, 2015
  9. uvdevnull Win User
    Thanks Edwin. Going through that, I only get different languages in optional features.

uvdevnull, Aug 20, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    YW, a lot of times this gets installed by a software, how i usually get it on my system, game use it a lot too.

jds63, Aug 20, 2015
  11. uvdevnull Win User
    The apps I tried that need it don't actually include it, they only tell the system they need it which then launches the Windows installer. Btw, what does "YW" mean?

uvdevnull, Aug 21, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    YW, Your Welcome ! A lot of times my games will require it and Windows downloads and installs it, happened for me after installing a game after the upgrade, done this on Windows 8.1 for me to.Saying the game did not actually have it either.

jds63, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

14. To install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10, do the following:

• Insert your Windows 10 DVD, or double click its ISO image, or insert your bootable flash drive with Windows 10, depending on what you have.
    • Open ‘This PC’ in File Explorer and note the drive letter of the installation media you have inserted. In my case it is disk F:
    • Now open an elevated command prompt and type the following command:
    Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
    Replace F: with your drive letter for Windows 10 installation media.
    You are done! This will install .NET framework 3.5 in Windows 10.

shirokanzaki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable install NET

2. Unable to install .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install .net framework 3.5: Heey there, I am unable to install .net framework 3.5, it keeps giving me the error message files not found. i have tried: - Enabling in windows features - SFC /scannow - DSIM installation via ISO- restoring image health with online iso - .net framework repair tool -...
  3. Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5: Hi, I have been having issues installing .NET Framework 3.5 on my PC, which I recently reinstalled Windows on to fix an issue with my original Windows install. Every time I attempt to install .NET 3.5 which I am using the administrator account for, I receive an "Access...
  4. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  5. unable to install .Net framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install .Net framework: Hello, I have windows 8.1 and I am unable to download any .Net framework on my computer.I need it to install a program.I have tried many versions from Microsoft websiteI have tried .net 2, 2.5, 3,4., 4.6 but nothing workedI have tried windows update and its option updates....
  6. unable to install .Net framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install .Net framework: Hello, I have windows 8.1 and I am unable to download any .Net framework on my computer.I need it to install a program.I have tried many versions from Microsoft websiteI have tried .net 2, 2.5, 3,4., 4.6 but nothing workedI have tried windows update and its option updates....
  7. unable to install .Net Framework 4.8

unable to install .Net Framework 4.8: Hi, I was trying to install a prpgram but it showed an error about net framework with code 0x80070643.I did download the net fw 4.8 and tried to repair but it didnt work. When i checked regedit i couldnt find directory named v4, there was only v2,v3 and v3.5. I checked...
  8. .NET Framework 3.5 unable to install

.NET Framework 3.5 unable to install: Hello, I have tried to install .NET Framework 3.5 for several of my games. However, I have been unable to do so and receive a constant error message. I have already tried to fix this for several days. Is there any possible solution to this problem? Any possible solution...
  9. Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5

Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5: Hello. I'll just get right to it. When i try to launch a program, i get prompted that it requires .NET Framework 3.5, which includes 2.0 and 3.0, however, when i click install, i get an error saying; "Windows couldn't find required files to complete the requested...
  10. Windows 10 - Unable to Install .Net Framework 3.5

Windows 10 - Unable to Install .Net Framework 3.5: Hello,I know this thread has been posted several times online, but none of the solutions I've researched have been working for me. I have been trying to install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 for a week to no avail. Some of the methods I've used include: 1) Turn Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install .net 3.5 on windows 10

2. unable to install .net 3.5 on windows 10 1809