Windows 10: Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Discus and support Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error [img] Event Viewer [img] Windows version no. [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ranjitsw, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Ranjitsw Win User

Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Hi all

I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error

Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium [​IMG]

Event Viewer

Windows version no.

I tried it on 4-5 systems.

can any one please help me.

:)

Ranjitsw, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Ramhound Win User

Chromium based Microsoft Edge

Windows 10 19H1 is going to be released in May. Chromium Microsoft Edge isn’t going to be released in May.

Chromium Microsoft Edge will be installed independently from either 1905 (May 2019 Update/19H1) or 1910 (October 2019 Update/19H2) or any future Windows 10 feature update.

While Chromium Microsoft Edge has indeed been leaked and it can indeed be installed today, it’s not really functional, and it can only be downloaded from an unofficial source. Since I don’t trust the source, I won’t be providing it, and encourage you to simply signup for Chromium Microsoft Edge testing through Microsoft here.

You can download the Insider Preview build of Chromium Microsoft Edge here

Ramhound, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Atharv Win User
    Chromium based Microsoft Edge

I searched to find about how can I get new Microsoft chromium based edge browser,
    Is Chromium based Microsoft edge comes with an update of windows 10 9h1?

Atharv, Feb 20, 2020
  4. LEOPEVA64 Win User

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

No, and maybe there are not going to be any more leaked versions, I think Microsoft has already taken steps so that there are no more leaks:

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

Although you never know, suddenly someone else will appear to leak the new versions or maybe Microsoft will decide to release the first official build these days.

LEOPEVA64, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium - Similar Threads - Unable Install Microsoft

2. Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox: I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.Is it possible? BIG thnx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-based-edge-in-windows-sandbox/e8162135-0cfb-4939-acdc-5128c86fa9cc
  3. Chromium based Edge seems buggy

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based Edge seems buggy: Has anyone downloaded the new Edge from Microsoft? It has been downloaded and installed on most of all of my family's PC's by me. But at times, it can seem really buggy. For example, I am a Verizon Wireless customer and when I log into the website at Verizon and X out of the...
  4. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  5. Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium: Hi all I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error [img] Event Viewer [img] Windows version no. [img] I tried it on 4-5 systems. can any one please help me. 150874
  6. New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available: Upgrading to the new Microsoft Edge Download See also: Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter The new Microsoft Edge is now out of preview and available for download, with today’s release of our first Stable channel build...
  7. Chromium-based Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 is getting a new update

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium-based Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 is getting a new update: Microsoft is rolling out new updates for both Edge Dev and Canary. The latest update comes with minor changes, fix for an issue that may have resulted in higher CPU usage when the browser was idle, and more. Microsoft is rolling out Edge Dev Build 76.0.167.0 and Canary...
  8. Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator: Microsoft’s new Edge is now available for Windows 10 and while it comes with all important features, many functionalities that were promised are due to arrive. In addition to smooth scrolling, dark theme and other functionalities, the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser...
  9. Dev Tools in Chromium-Based Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dev Tools in Chromium-Based Edge?: Does anyone know if the developer tools in the new Chromium-based Edge are Edge’s tool or Chrome’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dev-tools-in-chromium-based-edge/bc0d878e-4d31-40ef-a861-98055bb0fd36
  10. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918