Windows 10: Unable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC

Discus and support Unable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have recently installed a third drive (F:) in my PC. I have been able to normally install and save to it but it doesn't work from the Xbox app. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LukeWoodley, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Unable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC

I have recently installed a third drive (FUnable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC :) in my PC. I have been able to normally install and save to it but it doesn't work from the Xbox app.

I click the game i want to install hit install

It then comes up with choose a drive

I click (FUnable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC :)

Orange text appears at bottom saying This location isn't set up for insalling games

I click the link to set it as your location for where new apps are saved

Takes me to windows settings to change where new content is saved

I change New apps will be saved to: (FUnable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC :) and it apply

It comes up with delete other apps?

I click yes

It comes up with error message: We couldn't set your default save location. Error 0x80070005

Not sure what i can do to fix this.

:)

LukeWoodley, Nov 6, 2019

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Unable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC

Unable to Connect the Xbox One in the Xbox App

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

The Xbox App is great for gaming, and connecting to friends. Whether your a hard core gamer or your average gamer. It is still fun to use!

There are many things the Xbox App can be used for, even to connect up to your Xbox One to stream the content from the Xbox to the Xbox App. However, there are times when the App does not work as expected to, which in tern can leave you raging. This article
    will, hopefully, help you with sorting out problems using the App to connect to the Xbox One console and streaming.

Details

Not able to see the Connect option on the Xbox App

For those of you who are unable to see the connect option when using your Xbox app on Windows 10 (Or not able to connect your Xbox to the app), then you could be running an old version of the Xbox App and it will need to be updated. To check to see if your
    Xbox App needs to be updated, please look at this article below, for more information:

Verify Xbox Console Companion App Version | Windows 10 Games

To update your Xbox app on your Windows device, you can follow these instructions:

• You will need to first launch the Marketplace App on your device.
    • Once you in the app, please search for “Xbox”
    • Click onto the Xbox app, that will be displayed in the search results – This should also be noted as “Installed”.
    • Once you have clicked onto the App, then it should install the update for the App on your device.
    • Once it has updated, you can navigate back to your app and launch it where you should then see the connect option.
    Not able to connect my Xbox One to the Xbox App

You can try a power cycle on the console (holding the power button for 10 seconds), which will turn off your Xbox One. Once the Xbox One is turned off, turn it back on and see if your Xbox One will connect to your Windows 10 device.

Please take a look at the following link for troubleshooting steps on how to resolve problems about the Xbox App game streaming.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/gaming-on-windows/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming

I hope this article does help you with connecting to the Xbox App. If you would like to suggest changes, please use the suggest edits option on the bottom of the article. If you would like help with the Xbox App, then please use the Ask the community link
    on the right hand side of the article.

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC

1. Unable to install on my F Drive from Xbox app on my PC - Similar Threads - Unable install Drive

2. I cannot uninstall my xbox app games that were installed on my F drive after i reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot uninstall my xbox app games that were installed on my F drive after i reinstalled...: I have somehow over 200gb in saved games from when i was using Xbox pc gamepass. over 6 months ago now i reinstalled windows onto a new C drive after mine became corrupt. everything on all other platforms works great, however the xbox store is awkward as can be, and none of...
  3. Can't install app's from xbox live pass to my D: driveSSD Can install apps to F: DRiveHDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't install app's from xbox live pass to my D: driveSSD Can install apps to F: DRiveHDD: HellowI am expierinecing an annoying issue where i cannot seem to install anything on my SSD I already tried several fixes . First some informationI am running w10.I can install software from any other app to my ssd it seems my WINDOWSAPP folder is bugged.the error message i...
  4. Can't install app's from xbox live pass to my D: driveSSD Can install apps to F: DRiveHDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install app's from xbox live pass to my D: driveSSD Can install apps to F: DRiveHDD: HellowI am expierinecing an annoying issue where i cannot seem to install anything on my SSD I already tried several fixes . First some informationI am running w10.I can install software from any other app to my ssd it seems my WINDOWSAPP folder is bugged.the error message i...
  5. Can't install app's from xbox live pass to my D: driveSSD Can install apps to F: DRiveHDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/: I get this error message when i try to change the installation folder from c drive to another drive.The picture is for a Norwegian language windows operating system....
  7. Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/: I get this error message when i try to change the installation folder from c drive to another drive.The picture is for a Norwegian language windows operating system....
  8. Unable to install game from xbox app to another drive then c:/

9. Xbox App won’t install on my PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App won’t install on my PC: I need to install the Xbox Beta app on my computer. However when I try and start the installer, the system crashes with0x8E5E0408 code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-wont-install-on-my-pc/8d802651-7e15-4203-bd66-c44af0f0d0fb
  10. cant instal xbox app on my pc

cant instal xbox app on my pc: When i try to install the xbox app in the microsoft store on my pc, it says this: look at screenshot it says i dont have my account logged in on a console, but i have the same account logged in on my xbox, please help. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game pass pc we couldnt set your default save location