Windows 10: unable to install or delete downloaded game

Discus and support unable to install or delete downloaded game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i downloaded my name is pedro on gamepass and it came up saying game is ready to play. now the button has gone to install again, and when i click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GeorgeDenton, Dec 6, 2019.

1. unable to install or delete downloaded game

i downloaded my name is pedro on gamepass and it came up saying game is ready to play.

now the button has gone to install again, and when i click on that it comes up ready to play and then straight back to install.

i have tried restarting computer and it didn't work. and i have tried finding the my name is pedro files in my computer to try and delete them to just start again but i can't find them anywhere

:)

GeorgeDenton, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 6, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

unable to install or delete downloaded game

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

unable to install or delete downloaded game

1. unable to install or delete downloaded game - Similar Threads - unable install delete

2. Unable to download or Install games on Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download or Install games on Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I purchased windows 11 and installed it over Parallels 17 on the new Mac with M1 chip. Windows works fine but I am unable to download Age of Empires All versions which I had purchased and was working on my older Mac with Bootcamp and Windows 10 Pro. Now I have to download...
  3. Unable to download or Install games on Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download or Install games on Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I purchased windows 11 and installed it over Parallels 17 on the new Mac with M1 chip. Windows works fine but I am unable to download Age of Empires All versions which I had purchased and was working on my older Mac with Bootcamp and Windows 10 Pro. Now I have to download...
  4. Unable to install games.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install games.: Hello! I have downloaded resident evil 5 from ocean of games site. As soon as it downloads, windows defender detects it as a threat and hampers the installation. Should I add it as an exception to the windows firewall? I want to play this game very badly......
  5. unable to download games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to download games: Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been...
  6. Unable to download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games: I have the game pass and had Ark Survival Evolved previously installed but then it got uninstalled from one day to another. Now when i try to download the game again, the download always fails or crashes my pc. Even when sometimes it is "Successful" it never truly is. The...
  7. Unable to download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download game: I purchased Astroneer quite some time ago. It's a Play Anywhere title and I'm able to download it to my XBox, but I'm unable to download it to my PC. The Store page tells me I own the item but the Install button is greyed out and when I move my cursor over it I get a circle...
  8. Unable to install games because the downloading gets stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install games because the downloading gets stuck: I completely reset my computer and then I haven’t been able to download and install games (State of Decay 2, Candy Crush). The downloading process gets stuck at about 60% requiring an update....
  9. Unable to download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download game: I recently purchased Forza Horizon 4, and was attempting to preload it today. I kept getting the same error message every time, saying it could not download. The code was 0x80073CF9. It would start downloading for a couple of seconds, then I would get a notification saying...
  10. Unable to install downloads.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install downloads.: When I try to download ITunes, I get a successful note from ITunes,but then a pop up says error7 error(win5)so it wont work. I am also unable to reload my Kaspersky anti virus,with my CD,I get a message saying app was not installed. Any ideas please. 35884