Windows 10: unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

Discus and support unable to install/play game from the microsoft store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have resently reseved minecraft windows 10 starter collection. i redemed the code and i now own it. i went to hit install/play and tab opens up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DMarvell, Jan 8, 2021.

1. DMarvell Win User

unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

i have resently reseved minecraft windows 10 starter collection. i redemed the code and i now own it.

i went to hit install/play and tab opens up it flashes blue and disapperes. but before it does it sayes

microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

what do i do ?

:)

DMarvell, Jan 8, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Unable to open Microsoft Ultimate Word Games as a guest

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are unable to play the Microsoft Universal Word game as a guest user. We have checked this for you and we were able to play the game as a guest user.

In this scenario we would suggest you to refer the

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article and perform all the steps as mentioned and then check if you are able to play the game as a guest user.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 8, 2021
  4. unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

Unable to play Sudoku game, game closes unexpectedly.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Sudoku game, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the application on operating system.

I suggest you to uninstall the game, download latest version of the game form Windows Store, right click on the installation file and install in the compatibility mode
    and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the latest version of the game from the Windows Store.
    • Right click the game installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

1. unable to install/play game from the microsoft store - Similar Threads - unable install play

2. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  3. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  4. Can't play or install games in microsoft store.

Can't play or install games in microsoft store.: Every time i try to install an game it shows me "try again later, something happened on our end", i tried to install games on xbox app but it doesn't work too.I tried this solutions which failed:- Reinstalling microsoft store.- Reseting microsoft store cache.- Restarting PCI...
  5. unable to download game from Microsoft store

unable to download game from Microsoft store: I am facing problem while downloading "asphalt 8 airborne" when ever i press install Microsoft store stop and i have to kill store for working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-game-from-microsoft-store/e987dd82-149b-45eb-9f1d-a83a02e34388
  6. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!: For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix conceivable posted online, reset this, stopped that, changed this, updated that, etc etc etc and it still doesn't work. When the...
  7. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store: I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with downloading other apps and games from the Store...
  8. Unable to install games from the store

Unable to install games from the store: Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem....
  9. Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store: After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been having these kind of issues for years. So why...
  10. unable to install from microsoft store

unable to install from microsoft store: Please help. I have tried everything, even had an expert look at my laptop. I am unable to install apps from microsoft store. It only allows me to download apps. I have tried wiping my computer, reinstall windows 1803....