Windows 10: Unable to install print driver from the HP website

Discus and support Unable to install print driver from the HP website in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, This morning I attempted to print something, and my computer decided it was no longer going to let that happen. I have never had a printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James0099, Sep 23, 2018.

1. James0099 Win User

Unable to install print driver from the HP website

Hello,

This morning I attempted to print something, and my computer decided it was no longer going to let that happen. I have never had a printing issue, since purchasing the computer in May of this year. I attempted to download the most recent print driver for my Samsung SCX-4729FW from the HP website, but the "App has been blocked for my protection" window popped up when trying to install. I do not know how to allow the driver to install on my computer. I went to the User Account Control on my computer, but it does not help in allowing me to actually download anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

James0099, Sep 23, 2018
  2. PLSG08 Win User

Re-Installing HP drivers....

Hey guys!

So I just reformatted my Aunt's HP/Compaq Laptop (CQ42-292TX) and now I'm installing the drivers, but it looks like it won't

I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from the HP website, and all of them would just fail. (Even if they finished) Also the Intel driver would just show "This computer does not meet the requirements.." blah blah blah even if there's no driver installed.

the only drivers I need is:

Wi-Fi driver

what I have:
    Graphics Driver (I already have the latest from AMD and Intel...)

the AMD driver would just finish installing but Catalyst won't show up :/

I'll try safe mode

Quick replies and any suggestions are welcome (except setting it to Wumbo)

Thanks!

PLSG08, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Unable to print using HP 6000 printer

Hi Ole,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue and fix it.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information.

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the driver.
    Visit the below link and download the latest printer driver.

http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/pro...ter-series---E6/3866939/model/3866948/drivers

If the printer driver is not available for Windows 10 you can try installing the printer driver is compatibility mode.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Unable to install print driver from the HP website

Windows 10 HP Officejet Pro 8620 Will not print

Thank you for posting this. I tried all the listed steps and still not able to print EXCEPT when I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor; at the conclusion of the scan, the app prompts me to print a test page from within the Scan Doctor and it is successful. I recall the 8620 being able to do this as well, however.

robdam1001, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install print driver from the HP website

1. Unable to install print driver from the HP website - Similar Threads - Unable install print

2. Unable to Print from desktop HP Officejet Pro 6970

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Print from desktop HP Officejet Pro 6970: Been having an issue with printing. The error has not occurred before. Only happens on my desktop, however I can print from both my phone and laptop without issue. I have uninstalled the drivers, restarted and reinstalled the drivers for this printer and still does not print...
  3. Unable to install HP Driver

Unable to install HP Driver: I got rid of my old printer and am trying to uninstall the old driver. When ever I try it says only administrators may change drivers, and puts it back. I went into properties and gave myself full permissions for full control and it still won't let me. I am the sole user...
  4. Unable to get print out from HP Printer-reg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get print out from HP Printer-reg: Hi, I have recently purchased HP pavilion X360 convertible 14-dh0xxx i3 8th gen laptop. Its current version is 2004 and OS build is 19041.329. Since morning I am getting blank pages from printer HP 2540 whenever I attempt to take print either in USB mode or wireless mode....
  5. Printing from website Q

in Browsers and Email
    Printing from website Q: Hi all :) Does this go here? Or is there a "printing forum"? I cant get into specifics about what site, but in a general sense... Please have a look at the (somewhat sloppy) representation of a webpage I put together. Clicking on any of the fields (in the title, vers, or...
  6. Printing from stamps.com website

Printing from stamps.com website: Why is my printer not showing in the list of available printers when trying to print from the stamps.com website? I was able to print two weeks ago, but now my printer is not in the drop down list to choose from. One other coworker prints from stamps.com as well....
  7. Unable to install Realtek driver from the manufacturer website

Unable to install Realtek driver from the manufacturer website: I tried to install Realtek driver from the manufacturer website because Windows’ driver is working really bad with terrible sound. I went to the Realtek website and the installation process started but I was surprised to see that an old driver version was installed rather...
  8. HP Envy 5540 unable to print

HP Envy 5540 unable to print: HP Envy 5540 unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-envy-5540-unable-to-print/133884a8-bd9b-48c4-ac88-42c606d48ef8
  9. Print drivers for HP C5380 printer

Print drivers for HP C5380 printer: I have been told by an overseas tech that I have to buy a number of drivers which were not included in the upgrade to windows 10. I cannot get my printer to scan a document but it prints OK. A box comes up with the information that a WIA driver is required. Would this lack of...
  10. Not Printing with Win10 download from websites

Not Printing with Win10 download from websites: Hello, I downloaded windows 10 but now my printer is not printing from different websites or from my email accounts. I have a Canon MX700 series. It will print only things that I have in Microsoft word but not from any site online. I also get the error message...Awww Snap...